Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

north wales dog friendly beaches / Black rock sands ?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by enfieldchar69, Aug 8, 2009.

1. enfieldchar69

enfieldchar69 PetForums Member

hi all would luv to take the dogs and children to the beach tomorrow,live in shropshire so was thinking of barmouth or somewhere like that ,but cant find anywhere that has a dog friendly beach,

2. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Dog Friendly Britain: Dog Friendly Dog Friendly Beaches

a lot of beaches are ok with dog owners taking their dogs on , just make sure you carry poo bags ... I hate owners who let their dogs poo and just leave it 'cos the sea will wash it away' ... kids use those beaches too
    and if theres a lead policy ... using a longline gives your dog a bit more freedom and you stay within their rules :)

3. enfieldchar69

enfieldchar69 PetForums Member

thanks,im with you on the dog poo thing,always clean up wherever we are,thanks again

4. apexblue

apexblue PetForums Junior

All along the North Wales coast are dog friendly. Some beaches you may have to stay in one area i.e. Abersoch or Newborough on Anglesey during May-Sept.

The beach near us on Conwy Marina is open to dogs all year.

North Wales Holiday Lets
    doggie friendly holiday cottages with free Wi-Fi

5. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

abersochs lovely! we usd to have a caravan theer...

the 'main beach' cardigan bay isist? thats lovely...near a horse treking and golf course :)

have fun:) i want to take my girle the beach but were a good hour from any beaches and they only walk about 20 mins and they aare tired.... seems pretty pointless lol

6. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

black rock sands is the perfect beach for dogs.... nothing else there mind... just sand, sand and sand oh and a bit of sea if you can find it! Never been there when the tide has been in!

C X

7. xxsarahpopsxx

xxsarahpopsxx PetForums VIP

We used to go to abersoch when I was a youngster on hols and our 2 dogs were made to feel very welcome and it is a lovely little place.
    I want to go back sometime but it's a bit of a trek from edinburgh hehe :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice