Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Normal behaviour for a kitten?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Jem29, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Jem29

Jem29 PetForums Member

Pebbles is 13 weeks now, at first he was so affectionate and loving, he loved to sit next to me being stroked and cuddled. Now everytime I walk past him he waves he paws at me and then jumps at my leg and wraps his teeth around my ankle, lol! He does it to the kids too. Everytime I go to pick him up he quickly turns around and wants to bite me.

My hubby says it is him being playful but I don't like it. I never get to just sit with him now and have some cuddles:(

Is it normal?

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I think he is just playing

Someone had a kitten from me last year and she started doing the same. They got her a playmate and she was fine

maybe pebbles needs a playmate too

3. Jem29

Jem29 PetForums Member

Hehe, I wish;)

Hubby is very allergic to Pebbles, he has awful asthma so I doubt he would let me get another, I would get one tomorrow:D

4. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

My cat milly did the same, all she ever wanted to do was attack me and my O/H, we couldnt pick her up with out her tryna bite our hand and she wasnt (and still isnt) a cudley cat. I think all kittens are different. We have our new kitten Kira and shes a little angel, hasn't bitten once and always comes up for cuddles. So it just kinda showed us that all kittens are different. Just sound like a very hyper playful cat :) and maybe a play mate would help to calm her down???
    If not there may be ways to discourage her from doing it...? :)

5. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Hehe my o/h was allergic to cats when we got our first kitten, lol never stopped me getting our second hahaa :D :p nah they dnt seem to bother him now.. dunno what happened :rolleyes:

6. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Our cat Thomas was like this but 100x worse. He made it is personal mission to attempt to detach my limbs from me at every opportunity.

He's now four years old and although he has mellowed with age and will sit on laps and accept the odd cuddle it is purely on his terms only should you wish to keep your digits

7. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

This sounds like milly, she will come to you, you approach her at your OWN risk. hahaha :p:p

8. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

sheldon is the total opposite. everytime chance i get i cuddle him to death lol.
    i always talk to him and always interact with him.
    i have a friend whos cat never gets a look in, which personally i think is s***

i let sheldon no all the time how much i love him, dunno if he understands like but i get kisses and he lies on me to sleep.

the best is on a nite when i go to bed he comes with me. i get an eskimo kiss and then he curls up next to me.

sorry i feel like im rubbin it in but i didnt have sheldon from a baby so maybe theres jst too many other excitin things to do. or dnt give him and option jst cuddle him lol.

as for hubbies allergy i have no idea wat to say. maybe a mask he he.

he is a very understandin hubby and your very lucky to have him. allergy and all lol

9. Jem29

Jem29 PetForums Member

Thank you.

Hubby is so sweet, he refuses to re home pebbles but when I see him struggling to breath and having coughing fits I feel terribly guilty, he shouldn't have to live like this:( Pebbles is usually shut at the other end of the house because hubby is worried about him being near him, so I don't get as much time with Pebbles really, I miss him cuddling up with me on our bed at night:(

10. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

aww i feel so sorry for you.

i no feel guilty about my previous post.

i dunno if this is possible but wat about takin pebbles to a groomers to be shaved? jst a wild shot but i bet your willin to try anythin

11. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

You could try using Petalcleanse on Pebbles. It works really well for allergy sufferers. Its a lotion you just wipe on the cats' coat once a week and it reduces the number of allergens. Pet Allergy? Petal Cleanse can help with the symptoms such as Asthma, Eczema, Hives and Sneezing You can order it online, or many chemists and some pet shops stock it. It would certainly be worth a try. You need to allow a good 3 weeks though for it to be effective - it can take that long to start reducing the number of allergens from the cats' skin being in the environment. :)

12. Elise.x

Elise.x PetForums Junior

Hank does this all the time when he is in play mode, we can no longer walk around the house with bare feet cause he just attacks them, he has amajor thing for bare fet and legs lol:rolleyes: but we know hes only playing because he never leaves any marks, we usually give him a firm no, which works most of the time, because although hes a kitten and dosnt do it hard enough to leave marks, we dont want him doing it when hes fully grown:eek:hmy:

If he gets to over excited with grabbing the legs and feet we started squirting water at him (not in his face) which is working really well, cause now we just have to show him the water bottle and make a pissss noise without squirting it and he stops, this is also handy for when they go to chew tv wires:rolleyes:

Oh the joys of having a kitten :D

#12 Elise.x, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice