Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Noisy Boy

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by debbie29, Apr 11, 2011.

1. debbie29

debbie29 PetForums Junior

My goodness have I got a noisy boy!

We have had Reg for a few months now and initially he wandered around the house crying constantly but things have settled down much more now thank goodness but he is still a noisy boy!!

He has several different noises which range from a sweet little chirrup when he runs over and jumps up for a cuddle and "Mummy, please feed me" when I am doing his dinner to a horrible screamy gurgley miaow when he is running round like he has a flea up his bum playing (nearly gave me a heart attack the first time I heard it!)

But yesterday he really made me laugh! He has a fascination with drawers (he sleeps in our drawer under the bed, gave me a massive fright when i couldn't find him one day!) so I was sorting my undies drawer out and he was trying to get under it, he ended up with his head and shoulders wedged under it so I started to get him out and he started making this really sad little miaows as I was getting him out, he then jumped into it and tried to get down the back, again I put my hand in the way so he couldn't do it and again the sad miaows, it sounded like he was whining about me ruining his fun! I almost gave in and let him sit in it, little furbaby is getting me wrapped around his little claw! :D
    He did it to my OH later on when he was trying to get behind the dishwasher he was fitting, Joe put his hand out to move him away and he started making his "please feel sorry for me and let me do exactly what i want" noise and he was terrified he had hurt him somehow! haha

He seems to know exactly how to get what he wants!

2. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Sooty is the same!
    Would you liken that screamy gurgly sound to a bit like a sheep? Sooty does that, it's a screechy noise with a subtle "baah" to it lol!
    He tlaks and he talks and he talks, even at night. He also does the chirpy noise, which he does if we accidentally disturb him while he is sleeping or if he is rubbing his cheeks on things at the same time.

If I speak in a baby voice to him he talks back and we can have a full conversation :D

3. debbie29

haha Yes!!!!! It is very sheep like! A very gurgley sheep noise! First time I heard it I went running as I thought he was in pain or something, as I ran into the living room he was just running over the rug to pounce on his favourite furry mouse!!#

Aw Sooty sounds a cutie :)

Reg makes a chirruping noise if you wake him up too, if I havent seen him for a while I always have a look round for him and if I pull the drawer under the bed out and he is in there he lets out a little chirp and sticks his paw out to pat your hand!

Funny little creatures aren't they!

If I talk to Reg like that he does a miaow at me with no noise, it is like someone has put the mute button on as he goes to miaow! :D

4. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

It's definitely the same noise in that case! :D
    It's such a strange noise, I've had lots of cats before, and met lots of friends cats, but never heard a cat make that noise before. I just thought that maybe Sooty was wonky, so it's good to know he isn;t the only one!
    That is the noise he uses all the time though, he doesn't really meow like other cats :p

How old is Reg? As I've found Sooty has become more talkative over the years.

Aw at least he acknowledges you! If I accidentally wake Soots up, he barely opens an eye, just to see if I have a treat for him, then he ignores me again!

5. debbie29

Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't been able to get on here for a few days!

Haha, maybe we have both got wonky cats in that case, as I have never heard it before either! Sooty sound a cutie though!

Reg is about 8 months old!! Oh dear, so I have some noisy years ahead of me!! I thought he would get quieter!! I won't tell my boyfriend that!! haha :p

Last night I woke up to him on his back with his legs in the air squashed in between me and Joe and he had flattened the duvet down so neither of us were covered. I tried to move him and you should have heard the noises he made at me for disturbing him! I almost felt bad enough to stop and just ignore being cold!! He stropped off in a sulk in the end as he obviously couldnt get as comfy again and went and slept in the other bedroom! haha

i then woke up to him balanced on my side asleep with his tail over my face (nice) when my alarm went off!

x

6. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

He sounds like a real character, love him!
    I Love the fact that mine chat to me, or pass comments on things I do....and I agree that they do get more vocal as they age and realise that 'hoomans' need vocal information not just subtle signalling.

7. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Aww he sounds lovely! It also seems like him and Sooty are very alike ;)
    I got home yesterday and before I even had time to stick my key in the door he was sitting there telling me off!
    Then my OH got home, asked him if he wanted his sweeties and he then proceeded to loudly tell him that he wanted them and he wanted immediately, I was curled up crying with laughter at the sound of them, Sooty was being sooo vocal!

Is it Reg in your picture? :D

Sounds to me he is claiming you as his ;) Sooty does that, he deliberately sleeps in between myself and my OH, or he sleeps on top of me or on my pillow. As with Reg, he balances on my side but also sleeps on my back. If I disturb him I get told off and he skulks up onto his climber and sleps up there!

8. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

It's nice to have a conversation with them, it's quite entertaining too! I always let Sooty pick the taste of wet food he wants that day. He has learned the colours and the names, so if I hold them for him, he will rub his cheek against the one he wants and then you ask him if he is sure, he lets of a quick screech as to say "yes and you better hurry up!". :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice