Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Noises made by your cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ejrogers, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ejrogers

ejrogers PetForums Member

How do you interpret the noises made by your cat?
    I have a 1 year female cat (who has been speyed), and she makes some funny noises when i come home from work in the evening and I wish I knew what it was for!
    Sometimes its a high pitched miaow, sounding almost indignant, i'm wondering if this is for attention or something else.. she has food and water..

Thanks

2. The Twins

The Twins PetForums Senior

Mine make tons of different noises! To name a few.... Normal meowing but short bursts - normally to talk to each other or me. Loud pesistant meowing - meaning 'mum play with us please'. Short murmurs/mmmms - greetings to me when i come home. Chirrups - when they're content or just another greeting. Ack ack ack/click click click of their tongues - when they've seen a bird or something they want to stalk! I love it - its so cute that they talk to me! :D

3. tibas mummy

tibas mummy PetForums Newbie

My little one makes the most strange noise when she spots a sly to chase. it's like a light growl. She also does the persistant meow when she wants more food. My other half and I also think she sounds like she's saying no when she meows. A bit odd, but it does sound just like that.

C.

4. ebonymagic

ebonymagic PetForums Senior

One of my boys growls when he sees a stranger, he also chirrups at my baby girls as if to say I won't hurt you. I don't think my other boy has ever meowed, if he has it was probably really important to him. One of my Baby girls does a very short peep when she wants food, but when she is travelling she has a proper loud meow, I don't think t'other baby girl has meowed yet.

5. sarahdisco

sarahdisco PetForums VIP

My baby does the funny chirrup when we get in from work. As if to say, hello! If we've been out a while she'll start nattering on (miaow miaow, miaow, miaaaaaoooow) telling us about her day.

Oh and if her litter tray isnt done by 8pm, she'll jump on your lap and tell you off in a low pitched miaaaaaaaoooooooowoooooowwwww. Just so you dont forget! Silly thing goes at the same time everyday!

6. lestroischats

lestroischats PetForums Member

My eldest cat is a chirper. She chirps when you touch her, when she walks in a room, when she jumps on the sofa, when she wakes up... I'll have to try and record it sometime :)

7. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

Dorrie meows, chirps, growls. I sometimes have a conversation with her!:lol:

8. jo1234

jo1234 PetForums Member

Harri sounds like he's singing! He'll walk into the room, look at me and miaowas if to say, "hello!". He also sounds like a pigeon when he's getting stroked/is purring!So cute!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice