Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

noise

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Sarahhampson, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Sarahhampson

Sarahhampson PetForums Member

hii i was just wondering are guinea pigs noisey of a night i would like a skinny pig but she would have to be in my bedroom

2. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

I am not sure about kinny pigs but I am sure they need a friend!

Also my piggies are not noisy at all....till I go to the fridge!!! Then they go crazy!!!!

3. Sarahhampson

she will have a friend but a hairy one lol

4. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

:D nice!!!! Piggies are great!! xx

5. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

My piggies are fairly vocal, they make a right racket when they hear me coming with food! :laugh: :lol: :001_wub:

I have had piggies before that were the complete opposite and were so quiet you'd never had known they were there unless you looked! so basically what im saying is they are all different :yesnod: which doesnt really help you that much! :lol:

6. Sarahhampson

No it's helps me alot thankyou as whatever I get has to be in my bedroom and I share with my 2 year old daughter so :confused:I dont want to get them and then they keep her up all night and have to rehome them I can get two that can live outside in the shed but I really wanted a skinny pig and they have to be indoors

7. Sarah+Hammies

If you get piggies from a rescue shelter they will be able to tell you what they are like so it might be worth putting your name forward if a skinny pig goes in to them they will have your details.

8. Sarahhampson

I highly doubt my local rescues will get any skinny pigs in they have my details because I take there rats in they will only let you house there guinea pigs outside and I really want an indoor pet

9. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

I have two degus and I buy ear things, you squish them, put them in your ear and they expand, but wet tissue works as well.

10. Sarahhampson

I dont think I can do that to a 2 year old lol

11. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

ah, ye that may be a problem then... I thought Guinea's were only noisy when they are getting treats and food.

12. Sarahhampson

I have never had them before so am not to sure lol might just get 2 outdoor ones and get a fish for me bedroom lol

13. Sarah+Hammies

That sounds like a good idea. :) or maybe get some ratties for your bedroom :)

14. Sarahhampson

Omg I ave 5 rats I had them in my room for one night then got kicked out lol they are so noisey lol

15. Sarah+Hammies

:lol: :lol: :lol:

16. Cazanne

Cazanne PetForums Newbie

I keep mine in my back porch overnight and I can definitely tell they're there! I love the noise my piggies make, at least I do till my female starts squawking...! They usually twitter at each other, till Gus starts chasing Veta about - then the squawking begins...

I cover mine up overnight, they settle down to sleep pretty well.

Can't believe they won't let you keep them inside, unless you mean you can't let them out at all - I suppose they mean you need to feed them grass, but as long as you give them plenty of hay they'll be ok. Perhaps you can ask a friend or relative if you can put up a run in their garden so they can go out in it occasionally? Another idea I've seen is if you know somebody who doesn't have time or money for a pet but has a garden - perhaps you can share the piggies with them? Perhaps another mum who's child wants a piggy but she doesn't have the time?

My male piggy (Gus - short for Greedyguts) grumbles at me (and everyone else!), but he doesn't tend to make a lot of noise - well, not loud noise - but my female, Veta, is like a guard dog, anybody goes past her cage outside I can hear her from my front room! But then, my sister, who lives next door, does have a habit of giving them the veggie leftovers from dinner, so Veta thinks that it's dinnertime whenever my niece or nephews open the back door...:001_tt1:

Caz

17. Cherpi

Cherpi PetForums Senior

Is there not any space anywhere else?

18. Sarahhampson

No what it is I want a skinny pig and one normal pig any skinny pigs can't live outside so if people say they are noisey I won't be able to get a skinny pig I will have to get 2 normal pigs and keep them in the garden yes we have grass and a run for them already hope this makes sense

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice