Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

No sign of my pups yet!!

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by greyrockinghorse, May 26, 2010.

1. greyrockinghorse

greyrockinghorse PetForums Junior

Day 61 no temp drop, 37.6 this morning. I had to go out and buy her some cream yesterday to help with the scratching belly as it was getting inflamed. It looks much etter today., but i'm also following her around to make sure she doesn't scratch. Followed her out to the garden this morning , after her wee she had some pale yellow/green mucous. She looks huge today and her sides seem hard. Still no nesting signs at all. Hopefully some progress later today. This is her pre pregnancy.. she is a Parson.

[​IMG]

2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I would be very carefull about putting cream onto her belly without speaking to your vet first. If she goes into labour you don't want the pups ingesting any cream when they suckle.

I had a bitch go 6 days over due and had a litter of 8 so not a small litter I am also soon having an italian greyhound who was born 6 days after his due date. Tegan didn't nest she's had pups before and suddenly took herself upstairs to her whelping box and the first pup was born about 10 minutes later.

3. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

Green discharge is not great sign, I would give your vet a call. If the green discharge comes out before the first pup is born, it could mean that the placenta has separated too early and there's something wrong

#3 Lucylewis0, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Agree.......green discharge before a puppy is born is not right, ring you vet now and explaine what you have seen, he will advise you. Good Luck.

5. greyrockinghorse

Have rang vets they said if i see anything other than cloudy/clear take her in for a look, nothing else so far, she has eaten and is asleep now under my bed. Although when i said green earlier it was on the grass and more cloudy i suppose not dark green or proper green if you know what i mean. Won't put anymore cream on either, vet said just keep her cool probably heat rash over last few hot days, but take her if it gets angry looking. It looks fine now. Thanks all, will update on progress today:)

6. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

Great :thumbup:.......... Good luck and please keep us all updated!!! At least it's cooler today :thumbup:
    white/vasalene type discharge is normal, do her temp every hour so you can watch for the drop, keep her food/water intake up. She may go of her food, but that normal too. Keep your eye on her all the time as she might just drop a pup whilst she is going to the loo. xx

She is stunning btw

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

That is good news, at least your mind it put to rest now. Hope it all goes well if she have them before I get to come back on here. xxxxxxxxxxxx

8. greyrockinghorse

Ooooo had a temp drop to 36.6 the lowest EVER!!!! She has been asleep in the dark and cool under my bed for the last couple of hours would that contribute to the low temp or could we be starting maybe:confused: No other outward signs.

9. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

She should start within next 24 hours. The greeny thing you were on about was probably a plug. Good luck I doubt I'll be online, having a big surgery today, so best wishes xxx

10. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

GOOD LUCK TANYA!!!! Get well soon xx

Yep, getting comfy is all good signs, all girls act different........ do temp again soon, it should stay dropped... then hopefully puppies in the next 24hours :thumbup: xx

11. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

oooh meant to add temp should be done every hour now until labour begins or she won't let you do it.

12. greyrockinghorse

Thank you, best wishes for today:)
    Bah humbug, temp back up to 37.3 was getting all excited then too:confused: She is getting a bit funny about the temp taking now sitting down as soon as she see's me coming with it. Been out for a quick wee, no mucous and straight back in, very lazy today. Ah well, back to the waiting game!! Hers a couple more pics,

one fat lady:D

[​IMG]

I like this one taken on Sunday (shame about the background)

[​IMG]

13. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Love the top pic showing her lovely fat belly and on the bottom one she looks like she's smiling (think perhaps she might have had a slurp from the glass on the table behind her!!)
    Good luck when it all starts, can't wait to see the pics of mum & pups

14. xxwelshcrazyxx

She is a lovely looking dog, hope the drop comes soon and all systems go. :thumbup:

15. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Hope all ok . Our temp here is back up to 37.6 so doubt its going to be soon!!

What about you?

16. greyrockinghorse

Snap, just done temp for the night and back up again. Oh well tomorrow is another day. No interest in nesting at all. Was hoping it would be today/tonight as hubby and son are away back tomorrow and friday so house would have been quieter. I'm wondering if she has perhaps taken off her last mating, she had a slip mating then the next day a tie, then another tie 3 days later. I can see her going in to June at this rate:(

17. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Us too!
    First one was a slip but then she had a tie the following night. We are on day 62 just now what about you?

18. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

When is 63 days from last mating?

19. greyrockinghorse

Day 63 from the last mating will be June 1st. She was on day 12 with the slip mating day 13 with the first tie so hoping she ovulated then or just after. More mucous when she went for a wee just now, but clear/vaseline coloured. She was not keen on going out at all. Not expecting any action tonight:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice