Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

no pup for me

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by fiyoung, Mar 31, 2011.

1. fiyoung

fiyoung PetForums Junior

:(
    We have been excitedly waiting the birth of a litter of golden retriever pups that we have been on the waiting list for. Although we were seventh on the list the breeder had been reassuring that despite not getting a clear scan the mum was really big and was expected to have a large litter but she only had 3 :cryin:
    The pups were really large and mum had a hard time
    I feel for the breeder too as she is upset that she has let folk down We were so excited and now I am having no luck finding any goldie breeders in Scotland that still have pups availabe if they have any due. If anyone knows of any let me know We had intended to bring pup home at the end of May So looking for one thats available after that
    My son is taking it better than me I worked so hard to find a breeder I liked and sorted out leave from work and unpaid leave so there would be somene at home full time right through the summer It would only be alone 2 hours once I go back but wanted to be home to start with
    Sorry for moaning just soooo disappointed

2. kimdelyse

kimdelyse PetForums Senior

aww, i think you're allowed to be a little self indulgent at a time like this :( there will be another pup when the time is right. i bet those pups turn out to be little terrors, yours will be lovely when it comes ;)

Flo was already born when i went to visit his breeder, and despite leaving a cheque for the full amount i still wouldn't allow myself to believe it until he was in the car with me on the way home. i guess it's my defense mechanism, i never get excited so i never get disapointed. quite sad really but it's the only way i know to cope!

3. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Hopefully another great pup is out there waiting for you, we didnt have that issue as we had one of the 'spare' ones! Good luck in your search you may well find some equally well bred pups where they have a surplus in numbers.

4. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

I'm in Scotland and sadly a few months back we had a litter in the town and she was looking for home, obviously they are all gone now. I will however keep an eye out for you, sorry for what happened

5. Alice Childress

Alice Childress PetForums VIP

Aww :( That must be so disappointing for you. Your future little pup is out there somewhere (even if he/she is only in the planning stages). And just remember, once you do finally find the right one for you, all this disappointment will be instantly forgotten about.

6. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Shame you are so far up, I do know of a bitch that is due to whelp beginning of May but timings and distance would be too much for you, will see if I can find any amongst my golden friends for you ;0) pm me with who you were going to get the other pup off and perhaps I can help match up similar lines ;)

7. Bijou

Bijou PetForums VIP

it's horrible when this happens both for the breeder and the propsective puppy owner - I know ideally you want a breeder near to where you live and with a pup available to go when the original one was but perhaps you might consider travelling further or waiting longer for your pup - contact the Kennel club or look on their website for GR breeders here's the link you need Find breeders of puppies registered with the Kennel Club)

good luck !

8. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear you didn't get your pup. Your pup will be out there somewere.

I had someone wait 18 months for a pup after the bitch reabsorbed the pups. Now circumstances say she can not have a pup even though the bitch has 8 pups.

9. fiyoung

fiyoung PetForums Junior

Thanks for the replies
    I was being a bit self indulgent as had been counting down til the pups birth for ages Just glad that the puppies she did have are ok
    The breeder has been great she suggested that I get in tpuch with the sires breeder as he has sired some other litters due in April and she spoke the his breeder about me Upshot is I am on the waiting list for a pup from one of two litters both are expected to be at least 10 so fingers crossed one will have my name on it,

10. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed for you ;) be a while now before we have golden puppy breath gracing our house :( was hoping for one by my old boy but time is not right for me at the mo :nonod: will have to settle for one of his great grandchildren in a year or two's time :D

11. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Awe that's a shame, I can imagine your disappointment. :(

Hope you find a breeder soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice