Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

No one seems to want them :(

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Missymoo, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Missymoo

Missymoo PetForums Senior

I still have 2 of Missy's babies to rehome but no one seems to be biting i have one lady who is interested but her husband isnt keen??!!

here are the two i have left who wouldnt want them eh?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I would have them in a heartbeat but I would then have to find a good divorce lawyer cos oh would leave me:(.

3. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

They are lovely, your not the only one,Bambam's breeder still has 2 of hers left.

4. Missymoo

Its a shame cos they are so sweet!!

5. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i still have a kitten left too he was due to go the other day but they decided against it and my mum has 2 left too.. i want your little black kittie but again the bf would have a fit

6. Missymoo

Really!! yeah the little black boy is gorgeous just starting to come out of his shy shell lol xx

7. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

I would have the tabby in a flash if you didnt live so far away!!!

I struggled to find home for 3 of my kittens, a lot of people cant afford them now :( I ended pretty much giving mine away (to good homes only I promise). One went to a friend, one I sold for £10 and the other went for £5!!!

I kept the 4th one!!!

8. Missymoo

Oh dear glad you found nice homes for them thou xx

9. Shrike_xX

Shrike_xX PetForums Newbie

Sorry I'm going to get slapped for this but I'm confused why you breed when your not sure the babies have a home? Its the credit crunch and people aren't going to buying new pets so much and worst, will be looking to 'get rid' of their pets in order to save money. That is the reality we're dealing with and I think its irresponsible to breed without planning ahead for where the kittens are going to go. :confused:

10. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i personally dont think it has anything to do with the credit crunch and more to do with the fact that it is kitten season AND summer holiday time. If the credit crunch was the issue people would not be buying pedigree kittens or paying £120 for moggies in some areas (and yes i saw some advertised today and some had already been sold)

11. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

I couldnt agree more. I was given Nips and her 4 babies (who were just 4 weeks old then) but a lady who couldnt look after them all. She had never bothered to get Nips spayed and let her out, its cruel really. Shes only just turned 1 so would have been about 9/10 months when she was pregnant.

12. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

yeh iv found it hard to sell kittens this year...normally they are flying out...

13. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

It's definitely been tough. We have three beautiful blue spotted babies that there has been no interest in at all. They will always have a home though :D

14. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

I have to admit, I am worried about having unwanted kittens when I get my two. I am getting one boy and one girl kitten at the end of August. My friend had her kitten booked in to be spayed at 7 months and then she went and got pregnant just before the appointment!

Luckily all her kittens have good homes now.

15. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I would like a male kitty cat!! Anyone near Preston? :D

16. Missymoo

:rolleyes: I didnt :cursing: and i would have just answered your post nicely if you'd ask first rather than making up your own mind about what i did whilst asking the bloody question in the first place!! Missy was only 10 months and had her first season i found it very hard to keep her in with a 3 yeard old and a husband that works all hours!! but there you go she caught now im dealing with it!! i wont just stick an ad in for kittens free to good bloody home home cos most of the time it doesnt end up in a good home so i will advertise them for as long as i can if they dont go they will always have a home HERE!! and a blinking good one too.

So thank you for calling me irresponsible but hey everyone makes mistakes im learning and dealing with mine!! i could have just given them to anyone if i was a heartless cow but im not :001_tt2: :dita:

17. Shmitty!

Shmitty! PetForums Senior

Perhaps in recessional times a break in breeding is called for!

18. Missymoo

Yes maybe you are right but i didnt breed her it was a mistake.. What everyone else does is upto them x

19. scotgirl1488

scotgirl1488 PetForums Newbie

awwww they are gorgeous, I really wish I could afford another one :(

20. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

Do you breed cats ? I agree that no one should have a litter, unless they can reasonably take on that entire litter if they can not sell them, but saying that someone shouldn't have a litter unless they have homes already lined up for them is ridiculous. Show me a pet buyer that will wait 15/16 + weeks for a moggie kitten to be born and ready to leave home , or 22/23 + weeks for a pedigree kitten - it just wouldn't happen!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice