Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

No movement

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by thompsonk, Jul 12, 2009.

1. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

I can't feel Tildas babies moving, could it be that they are packed in so tight or surrounded by loads of fluid? The vet said everything was fine last week xx

2. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

have you felt movement before? i would have thought if vet said everything is going to plan thats good , i think like you said sometimes they can be packed in tight, someone more experienced will be along shortly to offer more advice
    julie x

3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Just like us they slow down towards the end, as they might have got into place for the birth...Selectas havent been alot over the last couple of days..and today her tummy feels different...hard to explain...

so im hoping they have got into place...shes had abit of food today well about 4 tiny mouth falls...

but she seems happy...loving her cuddles esp at night..i think she will start labour one evening...just have a feeling...:);):D

4. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

One of ours was like this, we couldn't feel a thing towards the end. We paid for a scan at the vets and he said he could see 2 live kittens....she had 5 gorgeous healthy babies :D

5. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Aww, so that was a nice surprise for you all! :smilewinkgrin:

6. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

Do you know what day she is on? Ive found with mine , the day or so before they have the kittens there stomach goes rock hard,

7. thompsonk

Ive never felt them move. I dont know what day she is on, the vet said last sat that she about 5/6 weeks gone. She never lets me touch her tummy for long. Im sitting staring at her tummy, shes on the arm of the chair right next to me and i think, think i saw movement

xx

8. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

If she will let you try touching her tummy, press in a little, you wont hurt them...sometimes they kick back or move under your fingers...selectas are big and chunky

I see how long they are by placing my finger from the top of the kitten till the end...xx

9. thompsonk

No chance of her letting me touch her tummy for that long, shes always been funny about her tummy, just one of her things i suppose. My housemate said shes definitely seen movement xx

10. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

oh ok then lol....hopefully wel be poping babies out soon

11. thompsonk

Fingers crossed xx

12. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

If shes only 5/6 weeks its doubtfull you would feel anything, its usually the last couple of weeks, by then you will be able to see them move.

13. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

from 7 weeks isnt it?

14. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

I never feel proper movement before 8 weeks. You can sometimes feel bubbles before that time.

15. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

I can feel selectas big time, they go under my hand, and if i poke they kick back...but dont know how long she is as i rescued her...

16. thompsonk

I can see and feel them loads now...yay!! Im dying to see what they look like! Tilda has taken to waking me up at 6am on my days off, me working 13hr days obviously isnt enought for her, she attacks my elbow?!

Shes so fat now she has difficulty climbing the stairs and is desperate to go outside, she tries to sneak out the bathroom window while im in the shower! haha xx

17. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Aww...selectas tummy has been doing 90 to the dozen from last night...she goes in her box, then cries until i go in the bedroom, then stops lol...think she may need re-assusance that im there, not sure if this is her first pregnancy...

18. thompsonk

Awww bless her! Tilda is not interested in any of her boxes :rolleyes: xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice