Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

No more crates

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by staflove, Jul 15, 2009.

1. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Well so pleased both dogs have been out of there crates for almost 5 weeks and they are doing so well, iv gone from a dog with very bad seperation anixety and eating my house to a dog who is so chilled out and relaxed and happy with life training and more training and staying calm myself as paid of, it was hard work but hard work shows you can do it never give up hope so so pleased :)

Fleur likes this.
  2. rona

rona Guest

Well done you :D

3. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Well done to you and the dogs.

4. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

well done you, :)and this is great give encouragment to other who may be having problems.

5. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

Well done :)

We'll be doing something simialr soon with my paraents pup !! :eek:

We let her out and gave her control of the kitchen for an hour. But came back to shredded table cloths, chewed table & chair legs !! And even the old telephone extension :(:(

So we'll be trying again soon. As she will be going back to my paraents once my mum is feeling better. As she broke her back 6weeks ago. So having the pup in the house, while my dad was working wasn't a good idea as my mum can't get about easily !

But its been fun to say the least having a pup in the house again, as its been 3 1/2yrs since we last had a pup !!

6. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Your dedication is second to none - well done you :) x

7. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Welldone you

8. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Excellent result - well done x

9. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Wow, how did you do it?

10. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Thats great news - well done - it's a real sign of your dedication and love.

11. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Nice one! Great news :)

12. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Sorry not got back been home il, well hard work and dedication getting him used to the crate was a nightmare the bars are all bent he broke out but i always stayed calm even though i could have killed him but when there suffering anxiety the worst thing you can do when you get in is tell them of even if they have desroyed somthing i opened the back door put him in the garden and ignored him for 5 mins while i calmed down, then in time he went in on his own no problems.

I then decided it was time to trust him so i would leave them both for 10 mins and go to the shop but i would take there treats with me (sausage) when i came home i would walk in ignor them and look around the house when it was untouched i would really praise and treat them and make a right fuss of them and then i made the time longer untill i could leave while i was at work and come home at dinner time they were fine tess as always been fairly good it was kye i was bothered about but he loves it when i get hime and give thenm big loves for been so good, my post as been eaten on few accasions but thats now sorted, i think the real reason aswell as he now knows i am coming home and as no reason to panic anymore he is in a routine which he is happy with :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice