Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

No idea what to do :(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by RockRomantic, Mar 23, 2011.

1. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I'm sure most of you remember my thread about my stepmum. Surprise surprise she has yet another staffie. A beautiful 4 year old female.

She's had the little lass a week and wants rid of her already, Molly was my friends, before my stepmum had her, my friend won't take her back, and i'm being treated like she's my responsibility she's asked me to 'come and take her'...where i have no idea she hasn't been spayed so i can't fetch her to my house for a few days till somewhere permanent is sorted.

I've tried friends but none are able to have her at the moment :( i have no idea what to do, my friend phoned a local rescue but they have a waiting list. :( i'm so mad at my stepmum!

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Awww no :(
    If you can get her to me I can have her and there is space at my local small rescue.

3. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear your mum cant keep the staffie, hope you can find a home for her. I cant really give any advice but i didnt want to read and run.

4. NicoleW

NicoleW PetForums VIP

Oh Sarah :(

Why'd she get her in the first place?

I don't know what to suggest really, so many satffies in rescues. Shame I'm not as close to you anymore because I'd have offered to help out

5. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

i wish i knew. i got George of her because they were 'fed up' of him.

she texted me two nights back saying she didn't want her anymore because she had pulled her blinds down :/ but then texted an hour later saying she wants to keep her -_-

#5 RockRomantic, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  6. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

thats a lovely offer but i doubt i can et her to you hun, the downfalls of not being able to drive :(

7. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Maybe it'd actually be a good idea not to help her in this situation.

If you keep finding homes/solutions for the dogs she gets bored of, she will just keep doing it and expecting you to sort it for her when she can't be bothered.

Maybe she needs to see that you can't just get rid of a dog when you're bored/mad with it and maybe then she will stick with the dog, otherwise she will get rid and then it will all happen again with a different dog a few weeks down the line. My neighbours are just the same and it drives me mad :(

8. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

i know that that seems like probably the best option, but if she rehomed her herself the poor missy would end up anywhere to anyone, and cause she's not been spayed and has previously just to breed my main worry would be whoever took her would use her to have puppies. My stepmum would let her o to first person who could pick her up.

i'm phoning round friends tomorrow then im of to see my stepmum

9. shells

shells PetForums VIP

aww bless hope that the poor thing settles in a forever home soon xx

10. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

This is ridiculous, im sorry but it sounds like your step mum is 5 years old!

Im afraid to say not many rescues will take her in. Where did she originally come from? If she was originally a rescue dog then you should take her back there.

I would offer to take her in but this week we are totally full up, and with the amount of staffies needing homes (all in pounds at risk of being PTS today), im afraid yours would be at the bottom of the list as she is not at risk of being PTS.

I do hope something is sorted and tbh i would report your stepmum for neglect as it is the 2nd one. I wish people could get banned for using so many dogs.

11. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

she wasn't previously a rescue she was a friends of the families, who has point blank refused to take her back :/ hopefully a friend will have her he's met her and loves her he just needs to check with his house share friend that it'd be ok

12. Are they allowed dogs in the mental hospital?

Sorry no disrespect to you personally but she sound like she has mental health issues!

13. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

The poor girl, I hope this will be a permant home. If they are renting make sure you see a consent form from the landlord, otherwise you may find yourself in the same situ a couple of weeks down the line.

14. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

@ the o'malis dad, none taken we're only related by name..thankfully!

and i certainly will do :) we have the same landlord so once he's checked with his friend i can call him and ask him myself :) which i don't think would be a problem i have 4 and my landlords fine about them, they already have a female dobermann to :)

15. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Also, I would get your mum to sign her over to you (actually get her to write a letter) and then you write a letter signing her over to the new people. As you never know what could happen next. She could say they stole the dog etc. So to be sure get her to sign Molly over.

16. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Poor Molly, I hope she finds a responsible home asap, atleast she has you looking out for her interests.

Your step mom needs to get a grip, she can`t just get dogs on a whim and get rid of them for daft reasons :eek::blink:
    But unfortunatley, I don`t think it is actually a crime to do what she is doing, so I doubt you could even report her and make sure it doesn`t continue to happen

17. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

i didn't think of that! thanks! :)

i didn't think i could either i can't prove any of it can i :(

18. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

Thankfully Molly will have a new perfect home for her on Monday :D

19. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Aww that's brill! Will you be able to keep tabs on how she's doing?

Hopefully she might learn from this one but sadly people like this will just keep getting dogs and getting rid, my neighbours are just exactly the same and it's one of the things that winds me up the most :(

20. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Thats brilliant news:D:D:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice