Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

No Dust Clumping Cat Litter

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Deleted member 1482176, Dec 24, 2018.

1. And fragrance-free. Is there such a thing? My cat loves gravel, but she has random coughing fits and I want to change her litter to see if she improves.

I'm not bothered about odour control, or tracking or cost. Something available from Pets at Home or Amazon would be useful.

Cheers.

#1 Deleted member 1482176, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2018
  2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

What have you tried? There are several unscented ones, I'm using worlds best in the red bag which is slightly dustry

3. I use Catsan Smart Packs (non-clumping), but with her chronic diarrhoea I am using a clumping litter for now. Currently using Sanicat. I need to look into whether one type of litter-dust is a worse irritant than another type. Although some dust may be unavoidable, some may be more harmful to a 'chesty' cat than others.

4. Pepperpots

Pepperpots PetForums Senior

I like the green Worlds Best. My asthmatic cat has no issues with it.

5. Thanks OrientalSlave and Pepperpots. I will try World's Best.

6. Saffy Cat

Saffy Cat PetForums Member

7. Thanks. A few years ago I filled in an order for Zooplus and they said they didn't deliver to my area. Now it seems they do, at a cost. If I had more than one cat and knew exactly what I wanted and that it wouldn't be going back or wasted, I might use it; but Pets at Home have such a good returns policy that I will get things from there if I can.

8. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I use Worlds Best green packet for my cats and it is unscented, has little tracking, good odour control and clumps well.

But the main reason I stick with WB is because it is low in dust. I have asthma and have no problem with scooping and refilling the trays with WB, never so much as a cough, a sneeze or an itchy nose afterwards. Unlike many other makes of litter which are a disaster for me to handle - the gravel type being the very worst of the lot! :(

#8 chillminx, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  9. Pepperpots

You can get it online from Fetch, which delivers with Ocado. I’m pretty sure you can get it on Amazon too.

10. Amazon don't appear to sell the 'Special Care' variety, but I have added it to my list of litters to try if I ever do attempt a Zooplus order. Thanks.

11. Pepperpots

I use the original in the green bag and it’s great.

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice