Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

No body listens to me.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I say my cats are strictly indoors but unknown to me my dad and mom have been letting Horris outside when they go for a smoke.

I dont like the idea of them going out, even more so where we now live (near the down town city area, busy streets in use all the time, dogs living on either side of us)

Also the fact that a black cat is hanging around no issue really except it look like it is missing hair and Im worried it may have something and I dont want my cats to catch it.

I was just in the kitchen when my dad opened the back door and Horris readly jumped out and into the back yard. I immediately went out after him, my dad told me to stop being a worried wart. So I watched Horris Potter about until he went near the fence. The fence has a gap under it which we plan on fixing this coming summer. So I would pick him up and bring him back to the cement bit.

Im just frustrated that no one listens to me, I dont want my cats going outdoors. I cant wait until I have my own place in years to come and dont need to worry about coming home to a missing cat/s

Everytime I picked Horris up hed hiss at me very loudly. I kept him away from me as he has down this before and gone after my face.

This is very annoying. rant over.

2. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

What did You say again! :p

3. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I know how this feels, it's really frustrating. I had to leave my two cats at my parents for this reason, Nogert and Mid :( I got Gratch and Kerry because I missed them so much and it seemed cruel to keep them in a flat when they were used to getting out.

4. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

My Mum's very much like this.. We had outdoor cats since I was little and now she constantly pesters me as to why me and my OH don't let our two cats out. Comments such as when I sent her a photo of our new cat tree, she replied with 'They'll enjoy the trees in the garden more!' Bleurgh.. Can't win with her :p

I have to admit, I had never considered keeping indoor cats before unless they were pedigrees - It was more my OH's doing, he's a big wuss!
    So until I came on here and realised it was an acceptable thing to do (keeping them in indoors), I always felt like I was being slightly cruel.

5. kunzy

kunzy Guest

Don't you have better thing to do with your time. :rolleyes:

You don't have to be damn RUDE to the ts.

6. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Parents hey.. they never do as their told.. Are they your cats.. If so.. I would just maybe lightly explain to them what can happen and about vet bills and who would be paying them.. :)

7. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

same here with the rents or when people visit so I out them in another room shut doors etc, 'dont let the cats out shut the door!! ARGHH!!' is mainly waht I say to people!

8. BSH

BSH PetForums Senior

Easy solution- don't let anyone else into your house! It works for me :D

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I think that might be a bit awkward for the OP as she lives at home with her parents and it is THEM who keep letting the cats out....!!! :(

10. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

A tad OTT I think. Amin was having a joke over the header on this thread. I am quite sure that being rude was NOT the intention.

The same old joke crossed my mind when I read the header.

11. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

Thats the same as us, i wasnt' sure as we had had outdoor cats before but they lived at my grans in a very quiet area but OH was adamant they were not going out(i was very surprised) then i joined this forum and realised a lot more cats are now indoor, my family are all in agreement but one of my friends said it was cruel but the danger you expose them to by letting them out is far worse.

12. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

Problem is, parents do sometimes tend to disrespect our wishes, simply because they think we are still all 3 years old! :p Perhaps sit down and have a "serious" chat with them, cite the dangers facing outdoor cats. I am sure they would not like anything horrible to happen to your kitties.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice