Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nipples

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by lillytheunicorn, Apr 15, 2019.

1. lillytheunicorn

lillytheunicorn PetForums Senior

These nipples have me stumped, Sheep went in with the stud 26 days ago. Was witnessed being mated and apparently she is a screamer.

Her nipples seem larger and more pert but not particularly pink. This isn’t her 1st litter.

She is definitely hormonal as she currently hates the other cats, and hisses at them so is living in our bedroom at the moment. She is a Jekyll and Hyde cat, she is the sweetest cat loves baby Blue and is often found cuddled up with the other cats until she is hormonal. Then she hates all cats and humans except me.

Last time she was mated she had a phantom pregnancy and got stuck in Hyde mood until she was treated with Alizin.

Her Ruff is growing and last time she was pregnant, she grew some coat as she is a ‘shorthaired’ Norwegian it’s quite obvious.

Attached Files:

2. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

Gigi's nipples did this twice, both phantom pregnancies :( how old is she?

3. lillytheunicorn

She is 2 1/2 years old. I suspect a phantom too, just wish it wasn't. I am going to take her Into be scanned next week and booked to be spayed if she isn’t. :(

4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Personally I would skip the scan and wait. Time will show if she's pregnant. Also not all cats pink up.

catgirlforever and spotty cats like this.
  5. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

Sounds like a good idea, what a shame for you if it's another phantom :( different stud?

6. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

I wouldn’t scan either. And have had a girl who never pinked.
    If issues persist investigations such as Strep G would be what I’d do over rushing to spay.

7. lillytheunicorn

@Rufus15 Two different studs. The 1st phantom, she was mated to the same stud that she had her 2st litter with. This time around a different stud.

The reason I am going to spay her is she is so unhappy during a phantom that she has to be segregated from the other cats. She is okay with me but dislikes hubby which is unfortunate as she is locked in our bedroom and en-suite. @spotty cats good idea though, even though she will be spayed I will get her tested having read the article on it. I suspect it’s an unfortunate occurrence after the superlorin implant as that really did not agree with her.

8. lillytheunicorn

I took her to be scanned as her hormonal behaviour is not improving and we had decided to book her into be spayed. As it’s not fair to keep her segregated long term. She is actually pregnant, so will be due late May bank holiday weekend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice