Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Nippers

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by H0lly, Jan 7, 2012.

1. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Ok, Little bit of help needed,

Otis and Dora love each other :) which im very pleased about, However when they are playing it just seems to be a game of how long can Otis hang off Dora's flubbers untill she shakes him of, They both enjoy this game massively.

My question is , How do i stop it as 1, i dont want it carrying on in to adulthood as could get nasty 2, dont want Dora to be left with scar's from nippy croccateeth

Or should i just leave Dora to sort it out as she see's fit.

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I would leave her to sort it out
    Dillon hangs off of Rockys ears and pull Willows feathers out.
    I do keep an eye on them because like youself I dont want him ruining Willows appearance by wrecking her tail.
    But I do let them sort it out amongst themselves
    They just walk away when puppy becomes too much
    Well apart from Percy, Percy doesnt put up with his puppy croco antics in the first place and just walks away from Dillon at all times.

3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Im sure she will tell him when she's had enough. My resident chew toy is Hannah, the other 2 are always hanging off of an ear or leg!!:rolleyes:

4. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Bless my Dora tug toy :) , Although she does hase him and shove her face in his so its her own fault , I have tried shoving a tuggy toy between them which gives Dora's chops a rest for 2 mins LOL.

I guess this is the joys of a multi-dog household :)

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Plus you now have 2 Boxers, not just 2 sedate CKCSs for example.:D I would except some seriously energetic rough housing from the both of them!!LOL

6. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Good :) Its great entertainment as long as both my woofs are healthy and happy im happy :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice