Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

nine stone border collie

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by theevos5, Apr 9, 2011.

1. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

2. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

Animal Cruelty.. poor dog, how cruel...

#2 northnsouth, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  3. billie jo

billie jo PetForums Member

Does anyone remember that Rottie that was in the papers - massive it was, the owners would not listen to advice - then there were that elderly couple, who had a Lab - same thing - humungous - they did get nicked for it tho! Obsene isn't it? Some people equate love with food! Poor, poor dog - it will have all sorts of problems - diabetes, heart related, joints, spine - bloody cruel!!

4. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

It is like seeing those people who are so obese they can not get out of bed? Well if they can not get out of bed some one is giving them all those extra thousands of calories... IMO it is often much more than ane persons problem. As for the poor dog he can't go shopping and choose good food for himself....Cassie has such a lovely face too..

5. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

6. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

On the good side, she does look like a happy dog.

My parent's dog is grossly overweight although not nearly as much as Cassie. Still she's getting older and now does lie down to eat and their neighbour looked after her while my Mum was in Florida (my Da's too old to take care of her himself) and she's even bigger now. Obviously indulged her every food whim, he was so happy to have her. Long story on how they got Princess, but she was extremely thin when they did and my sweet Mum who loves to feed (anything) got her into the state she's in.

Yes I do think it's cruel and will most definitely shorten their lives, but at least they won't get teased and picked on by other dogs! I'm sure the dog suffers no self esteem issues being overweight. Children OTOH...

In all her hugeness, Princess, my parents' dog, is just a happy go lucky lovely dog. Wouldn't hurt a fly. My sweet Mum got her that way, but she also got her over many many terrors and fears that she had and despite her weight she's had a happy life.

7. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

It looks photoshopped to me. There's something about the first pic that doesn't look quite right.

8. LeeM018

LeeM018 PetForums Member

It doesn't look real, although if it is then my god it must be bad if they've managed to get that much weight onto a BC...:mad:

9. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

OMG I hope for the poor dogs sake it is'nt true :(

10. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Its absolutely disgusting and frankly cruel.

It drives me mad wheny you see fat dogs out on walks. My OH has alway said he would be embarressed if we made our dog's fat hehe he can cope with me being a little chubby but he wont walk a fat dog! (Such a gentleman!)

I have noticed so many chubby staffys/ Labs and rotties where we live and without sounding stupid after a while you forget how they are actuallly meant to look!

The way I look at it yes my dogs love a treat BUT I would much rather give them a slice of ham / Bacon rather than processed dog treats but what they prefer even more a game of fetch in the garden or for Makita a good brush down in the sun. :)

There are other ways to show your love other than food

11. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

I'd say it's real as I don't think Dogs Trust would joke about that. Just shows you how bad it is when people think it's photoshopped. When I clicked on the link I wasn't expecting it to be that bad! It's horrible, how could you do that? :( How irresponsible of the 'owner', to do that to a dog then palm it off on a rescue who will take a year (says in article) to slim her down and rehome her. Absolutely despicable :mad: If only there was a way you could make her pay for the dogs treatment, it's the least she could do.

#11 shibby, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  12. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Is that the same rottie who was on the fat pets programme? Stupid woman kept saying "if she's happy, I'm happy". Couldn't seem to realise that a dog that can hardly move is not happy.

You couldn't even recognise her breed, she was so fat. They should definitely be charged with animal abuse.

13. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

wow... it weighs more than me!

My guys do get a little bit of fish from the chippy a few times a week, but only a couple of mouthfuls and no batter!

14. amberspy

amberspy PetForums Member

omg ,poor dog

15. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

I think it's legit

Poppy, my old lab, was pretty much like that when we got her, she was 56kg with bed sores and unable to walk more than a few mins - she was almost 60 when the rescue got her

hopefully the rescue can get Cassie into a pool - Poppy could swim gently for 10-15 mins even when she could barely walk for 5 - it helped her shed the kilos fast but gently.

16. oveione

oveione PetForums VIP

That is disgusting:mad:

17. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

The first photo has defiantly looks like it's been tweaked with but will check with my photoshop expert friend.

How awful though for that poor dog, funny enough saw a very fat jack russel and watched him waddle behind his owners, if my hands were not filled with shopping I would have gone out of my way to say something.:mad:

18. mel@fish

mel@fish PetForums Senior

I'm amazed she's still alive!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what the owner looks like, if she's been feeding that crap to her dog. Maybe she's 42 stone ??!!:confused:

19. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

I posted this without knowing whether it was genuine or not,but after noticing that the dogs trust is involved,I kind of think that it may be.

One day whilst in the park,we saw this beautiful beagle that was massively overweight,after speaking to the guy,he had paid £1000 for him when he was a pup and he was only 5 but looked as if he was ready to keel over,he was so unfit,I wanted to say that he should be ashamed of himself,but instead said that he had a beautiful face like our beagle but ours wasn't as fat,to which he replied,he will be by this age and I said I don't bleeding think so!I was so angry that first of all he had been and paid so much money and done that to the poor dog,I wonder what his breeder would say if they could see him now!

20. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

That is abuse to let your animal get like that poor baby :mad:. I've seen so many fat dogs around here and the owners have the cheek to say I starve Buster who's perfectly healthy while their dogs are barely waddling along

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice