UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tales of funny things other people have gotten up to at night? A thread in dog chat made me think of some things.

A few nights ago I got back into bed after seeing to the baby, my OH woke up and said 'where am I?' so 'I said you're in bed' and he replied 'oh, I thought I was in Family Guy'!

Another time I couldn't find my alarm clock and eventually found it in my underwear drawer which was nowhere near it. I blame the OH, he blames me. :rolleyes:

When I lived at home I shared a room with my sister and often woke up with her standing in the middle of the room. One time she climbed up and took the clock off the wall and another she started crying there were mice everywhere.

And finally I once went camping an there were six of us in one tent, four next to each other and the other two along their feet. I was one of the ones at the foot but I woke up among the other four, it would have been ok if we knew each other better :eek:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
When i was about 9 we were camping and i woke up in the middle of the night and thought i saw a girl in our tent just standing there so i shouted for my mum and dad to wake up and get the girl out and they couldn't see one so i got up and went over to this girl and grabbed her but it turned out it was a jacket on the back of a chair:eek:

My sister was staying in the spare bed in my room one time and i got up slapped her and turned the TV off and i can't remember a thing of it!

When my other sister was staying over one time she woke up to tell me the dolls were coming to get us and they were downstairs and then shouted "Oh no, the dogs are downstairs!!"

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I keep waking up convinced that there are giant spiders in the bed :confused: It has happened quite a few times, I will wake up terrified on the other side of the room with my OH grumpily trying to convince me that there are no spiders and I should get back into bed. :001_huh:

My OH is muuuch worse than me, I will occasionally sleep talk but he will babble away all night, you can even have a conversation with him :rolleyes: Because he repairs computers/phones etc for a living he usually says things like 'I've already fixed that one' and 'where's the motherboard?' though sometimes he just makes noises :blink: It got so bad at one point that I downloaded an app to record him at night :devil: It wasn't a very good app though, it seemed to take a bit before it would realise there was a noise and only catch the last word or so, the only decent recording that I got was this Chirbit - Scott sleep talking - xxchilloutxx - share audio easily :huh:

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I havent done too many stupid things, however i did go to bed next to my ex laying normally, woke up laying horizontal across the bed with my legs out the bed :S

When I was younger and I used to have a temperature I used to hallicinate... I remember sitting on the toilet one night, screaming the walls were closing in and I had to catch all the bingo numbers before they squashed me... scariest time ever!

My ex was asleep one night and shouted 'BUT GORDON DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHAT HIS DOING' it turned out Gordon was a patient at the dementia hospital he worked at...
My Ex brought me a hamster and we called him Gordon :cornut:

When I was younger my friend and I were laying on my bed (one of those high sleeper ones) watching a film and my friend fell asleep, after the film had finished i woke him up to tell him to move to his bed (the futon under my bed) and he randomly mumbled 'we're going to the island!'
Turned out he was having a dream with the soundtrack of the song.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I keep waking up convinced that there are giant spiders in the bed :confused: It has happened quite a few times, I will wake up terrified on the other side of the room with my OH grumpily trying to convince me that there are no spiders and I should get back into bed. :001_huh:

My OH is muuuch worse than me, I will occasionally sleep talk but he will babble away all night, you can even have a conversation with him :rolleyes: Because he repairs computers/phones etc for a living he usually says things like 'I've already fixed that one' and 'where's the motherboard?' though sometimes he just makes noises :blink: It got so bad at one point that I downloaded an app to record him at night :devil: It wasn't a very good app though, it seemed to take a bit before it would realise there was a noise and only catch the last word or so, the only decent recording that I got was this Chirbit - Scott sleep talking - xxchilloutxx - share audio easily :huh:
Ahaha! That made me laugh, the voice clip!

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
I used to be a Cat Burglar and was very good at the profession because I never ever got caught.

I had to give it up on the end because not only was I running out of space, the house was beginning to stink of Cat P155:frown2:

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Aren't we weird us humans?!

I freaked an ex out once by jumping out of bed and screaming at him to get the scary man out of the bedroom... I had been sound asleep and must have been dreaming.. I was convinced that a man was standing by the end of the bed watching me...

My sister and I used to share an attic bedroom and I remember very clearly being woken one night by her sitting in the lotus position on her bed and chanting over and over... that freaked me out big time as we were only 13 or so at the time, she didn't practise yoga nor even meditate or chant!

I was so freaked out that I yelled at her to wake her up but actually scared the life out of her and I watched helplessly as she charged across the bedroom and rather than use the ladder just stepped off and plummeted down onto the landing... bumping into several steps off the ladder on her way :eek:

That most certainly woke her up :D

·
Banned
4,669 Posts

I had a right old giggle at that clip :lol:

I'm a terrible sleep talker, it gets worse when I get stressed. The boyfriend has had conversations with me the last few nights where I've been babbling absolute nonsense and keeping him awake all night :eek:

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
My OH sleep talks. I used to stay awake and type down what he said, here's a couple of gems:

what you need to do is set up a water catch trapper or you wont have water. Sort it out and all the evaporated water will get caught it in then you have water. Don't forget to ask them to provide you good water....good filtered drinking water. We're not got any but we can get it off them 'them?' THE REINDEER!! You don't know how to get it - do you? Typical city girl.
let em know, i cant be arsed, i just wanna fly into the arena, play and leave without anyone talkin in my earhole.
they better not mess the band around getting shitty little hovercrafts, we want a proper plane
wheres my copies of all my folders? i dont want to have to have look for the doo dar....i dont want to have to paint copies of me with my elvis cape on
He rolled over and said 'What are you doing now?' and I was like 'None of your business., 'None of my business? EVERYTHINGS my business'
Him: What's Cerys Matthews addiction to?
Me: Uh nothing
Him: Hmmm. Okay.
Me: You mean the singer from Catatonia?
Him: Yes... ... .. HEROIN. It's heroin
Me: No it's not
Him: Yes it is. She's a smackhead.... google it!
Me: I will in the morning dear
Him: Hpmh! [roll over]
In the sock factory I had a red sock and I had to keep sewing up the toes....just keep sewing them....the nylon ones are horrible...just horrible.....I remember a cream one....

HORRIBLE NYLON SOCKS

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
My OH came home one night a bit er tiddly and fell asleep on the couch. He then stood up, mumbling he had to go to the toilet - walked across the patio and off the end of it (it's about 3ft high with bushes round the edge and steps at the side) He then just lay there face down in the grass. My two teenage sons and I had to sort of peel him off the lawn - t'was difficult as we were all helpless with laughter!
Believe me we have never let him forget it! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.