Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Night time antics...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sashski, Oct 24, 2012.

1. sashski

sashski PetForums Senior

Yep I'm talking about the bedroom antics of the kitties!

For the first few weeks we kept the kittens out if the bedroom, but they recently started scratching the door and pulling the carpet and being a rented house don't want them demolishing the place!
    They used to start scratching anywhere between 5-6am.

So recently we've let them have free run of the house and the first few nights they both curled up on my legs quite happily, but now isabelle has taken to sleeping a couple hours then walking all over me, purring in my ear, or running round possessed :rolleyes: this would be normally be ok, but not at 2,3,4,5 am!!

any idea how to get her to sleep longer? I'm feeling like a new parent with a new born baby! LOL

2. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

My Dora comes up onto my bed in the early hours,tramples all over me,nips my face and then when she's sure i am awake settles down to have a snooze,usually on top of me. Its one of those cat things i'm afraid.

3. Britishshorthairbabies

Britishshorthairbabies PetForums Member

Try feeding before bedtime, makes my boy bo bozed. But he still wakes me around 5:30am. Welcome to the wonderful world of kittenhood. Soon passes (I hope) 

4. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Seb has come to bed with us from day one. His first couple of nights he was very good, not a peep out of him :) Then he started running around the bedroom like a loony, biting feet and the usual kitten stuff and me being woken up and getting up at 2-3am.

I started to play with him later in the evening about an hour before we went to bed and also feed him after the playing. This defiantly helped him settle down and go to sleep, he was sleeping later too :)

I still get woken up between 4am and 5am which I don't mind as I need to be up at 5.

5. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Unfortunatly they dont, sorry :p

6. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

We always put ours in the living room with a snack for supper, fresh water and their litter tray and toys, and they seem contented til morning :)

7. PrettyKittyMylo

PrettyKittyMylo PetForums Member

Tell me about it... my eyes were hanging out of my head at work today. We have tried locking mylo out of the bedroom as he comes and bites me through the night anf jumps on my face with his claws out but like yours hes scratching the carpet. Im going to play with him running up and down the stairs with his toys tonight so i hopefully sleep and so does he x

Posted from Petforums.co.uk App for Android

8. Melo

Melo PetForums Member

I've only recently started letting Henry in my room at night and he usually settles down and goes to sleep when I turn my light off, but he always wakes me up around 3am for some attention! He nudges my hand and purrs in my ear until I wake up and give his a scratch under his chin and around his ears. If I ignore him, he'll give my fingers a little nip. He'll settle down again after 10mins of petting.

The good thing for me is that since I've started letting him in my room, he's not getting me up so early in the morning. He used to sit outside my bedroom door crying for me to get up from about 6am. When I'm at work, this wasn't too bad as I get up at 6.30, but when I'm not at work, I didn't want to be woken up this early! Most mornings when I get up, Henry isn't in my room, he's either in the living room or in the hall, but he doesn't feel the need to cry! I think it's because he know's where I am and can come into my room whenever he wants. :D

9. sashski

sashski PetForums Senior

They get fed about 10pm before I go to bed, normally they run round like crazy kitties aftwerwards.
    I don't mind being woken up at 5.30, because thats when I get up :lol: but on a weekend I want a lie in!!

10. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Dax has been really good recently, just keeps himself to himself, but will sometimes chew ears or sleep on your face!

11. sashski

sashski PetForums Senior

So, they've just been fed, I've got into bed leaving the OH on the computer and hear an almighty crash... they're in the bath and pulled the shower curtain and pole down... :eek: I think its gonna be a long night. Haha!
    I did play with the laser pointer earlier and sprayed a but of cat nip on the cat tree do they've been playing a bit... hope they've worn themselves out sufficiently to sleep!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice