Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

night shift .... if needed

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by purrlover, Jun 2, 2010.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

i know people are on here a lot during the day but is there any of you that are on during the night if i need any advice re- birthing?? laptop charged , batterys in camera , plenty of coffee and chocie biscuits in cupboard ... just need the mummy cats co-operation now ...:)
    julie x

2. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

What time? :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, there is usually someone around, if I wake I sometimes come on and have a snoop.

Do you have telephone numbers of people you can call for advice ? Or a website (other than this one) where you could get quick advice if needed, not that you will need it!?!

3. purrlover

my mentor is on hand .. and my vets are manned 24-7 so i can get adive there ... i have just pmed you too
    julie x

4. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

I'm normally up in the wee small hours, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to give proper advice but can be here for chat, support etc anytime u need it!!!!

5. melly-b21

melly-b21 PetForums Junior

I was thinking the same its good to know that people are here for help advice etc.xxx:thumbup:

6. purrlover

well a calming chat might be just whats needed mo ...cheers :thumbup:

just took another pic of honey she looks rather chilled out ... wish i was 1 lol
    Honey 8.5 weeks.jpg
    julie xx

7. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww bless her, how exciting, :thumbup:..:thumbup:.. i will try to keep popping on, but i may fall asleep so you may need to shout really loud at me :lol:

8. melly-b21

melly-b21 PetForums Junior

I was thinking the same as you. Its always nice to know that there are people to help and give advice when you need it.xx:thumbup: sorry i posted twice internet explorer playing up. :D

#8 melly-b21, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  9. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

You can call me if you want, my husband is nocturnal and can be forewarned to wake me for any worried new breeders. PM for phone number if you want it.

Liz

10. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Sorry - I was in the bath (totally unreliable)!!

Yes, phone Liz she has been doing this for years, I would have been on an unnecessary trip to Vet had Liz not said "this is not an emergency". Some times you just need people to confirm what you are already thinking etc.

I will try to wake up a few times also but may sleep through (that happens sometimes) and will keep laptop open and ready to use.

11. purrlover

liz ... are you serious ??? that is so lovely of you thank you .. will pm for number when i got a min and fed the kids!! (yes i know its nearly 8 pm! but ive been sat watching the cat )
    julie xx

12. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Rule Number 1: A Watched Cat Never Boils! (well, pops.... you know what I mean!

That's great of you Liz... it's difficult when you don't have a mentor to call as I did - although my first girl always had hers during the day when everyone was at work!

purrlover likes this.
  13. purrlover

i shall rem rule 1 ...lol ive stopped watching ...honest !
    julie x

14. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Me too for my own sanity!!!!!!!

15. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Well, I'm in a better position to do so than most - first I don't have to get up to go to work in the morning, second I have a husband who is almost totally nocturnal. It doubles as a business number but there are only two of us here.

Liz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice