Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Night shift and 5 month old puppy le sigh

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ebonyblack, Jan 31, 2012.

1. ebonyblack

ebonyblack PetForums Senior

Anyone else with a needy dog/puppy working nights at the moment? I love Ebs and I'm proud that she uses the door chines to let me know when she wants to go out...but I so wish she would understand "give me 5 minutes to have this coffee" command... yawn ;)

2. ebonyblack

Saying that though, we've just had a lovely time down the beach something that I wouldn't do if i didn't have her :)

3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Aww, my lot are usually just happy to fall asleep with me...for a while.
    Lets just say Ive gotten used to only getting about 2 hours sleep between nightshifts!!:D

4. speug

speug PetForums VIP

I find the hardest thing about nightshifts is trying to persuade Angus that it's nice to get up and go for a walk at 5.30 when I collect him on my way home so I can go straight to bed when we get there. He'd much rather I carry him to the car so he can sleep right through then wake up and go for his usual 9am walk.

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Don't work night myself - but sounds like you had a great walk at the beach :)

6. ebonyblack

It was lovely quiet and peaceful...Ebony pretty much jumps in the car as she knows she's in for a good time :)

7. Longton Flyball

Longton Flyball PetForums Senior

Clover was a nightmare as we work nights and we found that surviving on hour and a half seemed to be the only way to go.

At one point I had to use the sofabed in the living room just so she could play and wee in the garden...wouldn't recommend.

Thank goodness at 10 and a half months she's learning but she still won't settle until at least 9am and has to have at least half an hour play with giggle wiggle ball :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice