Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Nice dog walks in Surrey?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Hudson87, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Hudson87

Hudson87 PetForums Member

Suggestions for nice dog walks in the Surrey area please!

My usual spots are Horsell common, Chobham Common, Virginia Water, Newlands Corner, Box Hill and Burnham Beeches.

I fancy somewhere new to explore as I have the day off and with my uncles funeral being today I want to take my mind off things with a new adventure!

I love places that have some nice views as you all know I love to snap pictures wherever I wander.

2. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I don't know how far away it is but I have a friend who walks at Black heath a lot and she says it's nice there, just have to watch out for horse riders.

I did find this though:
    Surrey Dog Walks | Walkiees

3. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

I was going to say box hill!

Bushy park is lovely but there are deer! It's where Fenton was filmed!! :rolleyes:
    Hurst park river is quite nice but you tend to get cyclists, it's not a massive walk from one end to the other but it's really nice and places for the dogs to have a nice dip!

Near hurst park their is the Heath, it's a nice big place but you do tend to get large groups of dogs as dog walkers go there but you can easily avoid them :)

I used to go to oxshott woods alllll the time with our first boxer, was definitely one of my favourites :D I still go there as its on my way up to my friends :thumbup1:

That's all the places I've been to really!

4. xshelly_stanliex

xshelly_stanliex PetForums VIP

Black heath is lovely :). We went to newlands corner the other weekend was lovely aswel. Have you been to chantury woods that's a lovely place with a beautiful view :D we have been there a few times and loved it as did the dogs :) x

5. Bramblesmum

Bramblesmum PetForums Member

There's a lovely walk near Camberley by the river Blackwater or there is the Look Out near Bracknell (not Surrey I know...) that's fabulous - hours of woods for dogs to romp in

but from what you've said I am guessing you are at the other side of the county.... what about Frensham Ponds - Great and Little, what about Bourne Woods?

6. bigdogworld

bigdogworld PetForums Member

We live in Ockley (just south of Dorking) and are surrounded by beautiful walks.

One favourite is Vann Lake Nature Reserve. No parking there (so not many people about) but you can park by the green in Ockley then walk down Friday street and along the footpath (10 mins).

Google maps link:
    http://goo.gl/maps/xECKj

Neil :)

7. Dubuss

Dubuss PetForums Member

We love mogador near Reigate hill. If you park at the sportsman (nice dog friendly pub) you can walk all the way to Box Hill, up to tadworth. Massive open space, fields and you could walk for miles :)

8. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Not technically in Surrey but the Ashdown Forest in East Sussex is well worth a trip. You could lose your self for hours in there and only see a little portion of it :)

9. lupie

lupie PetForums VIP

Yay Surrey!!

Newlands corner is great. My fave is Blackheath (especially as i'm only 10minutes away!) - but as someone mentioned above you do have to watch out for horse riders. You can easily do a 2 hour walk there.

I also love Puttenham common. And it depends on where abouts in surrey you are, but Milford/Witley/Thursley/Hankley commons are wonderful :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice