NHS - NATIONWIDE EMERGENCY DEMONSTRATION. Today!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by noushka05, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

I stopped 4 hours ago! :Hilarious

noushka05 likes this.
  2. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

Actually I don't think Farage himself promised this. That came from the "official" Leave campaign under Johnson and Gove.

Farage at one time openly supported a US style insurance system to replace the NHS so why should he front a pledge to give money spent on the EU to the NHS? He criticised the pledge the day after so many fell for it but conveniently not before then.

Still, many Brexiteers are happy to see that great British institution the NHS privatised if it means they'll get their wish.

Nice return to the 1930s pre war conditions, conveniently forgetting they were hardly any foreigners in the days of the great depression.

noushka05, Zaros and cheekyscrip like this.
  3. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

noushka05 likes this.
  4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Brexit is the biggest threat?? I thought it was the government, dont they decide if we get free health care or not??:Bored

Not that you can trust them as far as you can throw them. Take nursing for instance. Their answer to the fact that less and less people are training to be nurses was to scrap the bursary! More experienced nurses are leaving the profession then are joining?? (for pretty much the first time ever!), well simple!...just keep giving them well below inflation pay rises until eventually it might as well be a paycut, Im sure that will bring them in!
    I just dont even........o_O:Banghead

noushka05 likes this.
  5. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

No.

noushka05 likes this.
  6. RottieMummy

RottieMummy Run free at the bridge my darling x

So pleased people are fighting for change!

I've just returned home from a 13 hour night shift, in those 13 hours I had no break even though I am not paid for the time I should have been having a break, I have not sat down, I have not been to the toilet, I have not eaten and I have not drank.

By the end of the shift I am barely functioning as staffing is at such a low level that you cannot stop for even a second. Yet if being overworked to this extent means I make a mistake then I will be held completely responsible for that, named in the papers and potentially lose my career or face criminal prosecution.

No one will care about the fact that we are human and can only take so much until something goes wrong.

Tonight was not an unusual night, this is the day to day reality of working in the NHS. It's dangerous and it cannot continue!

7. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

13 hours without even a toilet break? You have to care for yourself. I don’t know what your job is, but you have to say no IMO, before you end up on the other side of it.

Jobeth likes this.
  8. Arnie83

Arnie83 PetForums VIP

Why are people demonstrating on the streets in support of the NHS, Fox & Friends asked Farage.

"Well the big problem we've got is a population crisis caused by government policy on immigration."

So there you have it.

cheekyscrip and noushka05 like this.
  9. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

10. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

The man is an idiot.

noushka05 likes this.
  11. Arnie83

Arnie83 PetForums VIP

Farage, Trump, or Hunt ?

2 of the above?

All 3? :D

12. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

All 3! You can take your pick!

ETA: Actually I take that back. Farage and Trump are idiots. Hunt is something far worse. And it rhymes with his name.......

13. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums Resident Evil.

Does it ever make you wonder how the hell and why the phuq Farage survived that helicopter crash?

Latest: 'Healthcare is a human right' Jeremy Corbyn

'Trump is a human wrong' Zaros.;)

14. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

True that. Government policy on immigration is why Eu health workers are leaving the uk.

cheekyscrip, noushka05 and Arnie83 like this.
  15. Arnie83

Arnie83 PetForums VIP

Well you'll never get a job on Fox and Friends with that attitude! ;)

cheekyscrip, noushka05 and Elles like this.
  16. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Wasn't it all the EU's fault, not the government. That's what he stated for the referendum.

KittenKong and noushka05 like this.
  17. Arnie83

Arnie83 PetForums VIP

With the other thread under review, I'm not going to go there!

Elles likes this.
  18. RottieMummy

RottieMummy Run free at the bridge my darling x

I'm a midwife. Unfortunately you can't ask women to stop giving birth while you pop to the toilet and if every other midwife is caring for someone there is no one to cover you and nothing you can do. On a plus note not being able to drink means you don't tend to need a toilet break

19. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier.

Yep. And if people wish to understand the rights obsession with privatisation of our public services they need to look at the free market ideologies of Friedman & Hayek.

Just look at the famous Thatcher letter to Friedrich Hayek....
    [​IMG]

So you accept my claims are based on evidence and that evidence proves that this government is underfunding and privatising our NHS?. Personally I prefer to go direct to trusted experts where possible, as many sources pump out false information & muddy the waters ( my interest in climate change taught me that) . There's definitely a post code lottery - but that is another issue. All trusts will eventually be affected by ACOs - even the best performing ones. All but the wealthiest will be affected when we move to an insurance based system.

Americans on social media are sharing their medical bills with us as a warning of whats in store for us if we lose this battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The peer reviewed impact of brexit on our NHS by the Lancet found brexit 'potentially catastrophic' for our health service. So brexit will just hasten the tories job of abolishing it. I think then the tories will simply say - sorry your NHS has gone but brexit was the will of the people.

Its absolutely despicable what they have done with nurses burseries - its almost as though they want the NHS to collapse :cool:

I thought as much. Thank you for responding. I suspect those who liked your moon post agree with the principles of our NHS though. Unlike you, they, I'm sure, will miss it when its gone.

KittenKong likes this.
  20. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

#60 KittenKong, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    noushka05 and cheekyscrip like this.