NHS - NATIONWIDE EMERGENCY DEMONSTRATION. Today!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by noushka05, Feb 3, 2018.

1. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip PetForums VIP

Why worry? Next year yo will get 350 mln a week for NHS!
    Farage promised.

KittenKong, noushka05 and Zaros like this.
  2. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

Indeed. Damned if they do, damned if they don't I guess!

Calvine likes this.
  3. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

Not sure I get you.

noushka05 likes this.
  4. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums Resident Evil.

I think they call that, 'trying to save face'

Too late in my book. They already revealed their true side, when the entire world caught them out in a lie back in September of 2001.

noushka05 likes this.
  5. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier.

The point is Stuaz, a protest this size should have been on every news bulletin. The leader of the opposition addresses a crowd of hundreds of thousands of people yesterday & its tumble weed - while trivial things make the news

. Can I ask you whether you are aware the tories are deliberately underfunding & privatising our NHS - putting millions of lives at risk ? - Do you know they are moving us to an insurance based system modelled on Americas dire health service where thousands of people go bankrupt every year trying to pay their medical bills? And if you are aware did you get your information from our state broadcaster? If not then ask yourself - why not?

The BBC are complicit in the concealment of governments destruction of our precious NHS. Hence why people are angry.

KittenKong likes this.
  6. noushka05

Our BBC didn't think it newsworthy to film the protest yet an American documentary maker does. Says it all really.

KittenKong likes this.
  7. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

.... and the moon landings were faked too.

8. Zaros

Sadly, greed will, in the end, win the battle over humanity and compassion.:(

Profit, profit, profit. We exist in a system that puts a £ sign on every public service and every human value.

noushka05 likes this.
  9. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

It was on sky news and the guardian website as well, just as two other random media outlets.

As for your other question, yes I am aware the of the claims you make, as for how I'm aware, I get my information from various sources (including the BBC) so I couldn't pinpoint the exact place. I tend to be wary of social media, specifically twitter though when it comes to wanting reliable information, preferring to get multiple sources of information before I come to a conclusion.

Calvine and noushka05 like this.
  10. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

That kind of proves our point. The biggest news outlet in this country, and the one that people tend to trust, is the one that didn't report on a huge march in London about Government funding of the NHS. And why? Most likely got something to do with the fact that the Tories keep threatening their funding too. A news service stops being impartial and becomes a servant of the Government; history shows that's a bad development for a democracy.

noushka05 likes this.
  11. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

..it was also on BBC though... so your point doesn't make sense.

Calvine likes this.
  12. noushka05

Typical response from an Atlas Shrugger:p Does someone who subscribes to Rand's ideology of survival of the fittest even believe in the principles of our NHS, I wonder? Curious.

I really do believe we're coming to the end game now Zaros.

Thatcher in this country & Reagan in the USA adopted Milton Friedmans warped neoliberal ideology putting profit before life, profit before our environment - profit before all else.

Here is Milton Friedman actually arguing for trading life against profit.

And here is a passage from Naomi Kleins brilliant (but terrifying) book The Shock Doctrine. She explains how neoliberalism works & this is what we're now witnessing with our NHS.

"That’s the standard technique of privatization: defund, make sure things don’t work, people get angry, you hand it over to private capital"
    Noam Chomsky

[​IMG]

But a mass protest like that should be on every news bulletin. Its big news. This why so many people are in the dark about what the tories are doing, because the media aren't doing their job of informing people. Even you seem unsure of the facts - which kind of makes my point.

The health professionals who are on the front line of our NHS are on twitter - experts who have evaluated the health & social care act, ACOs are on there. All desperately trying to get the message across to the public because the msm is failing to do so. Twitter is actually one of the best places to find reliable information as you can go direct to the experts.

Please check out NHAP if you want the truth on what is happening - https://nhaparty.org/

Zaros likes this.
  13. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

.It wasn't on the BBC news. I watched especially to see if was. And they only put one photo on the website that they took from Twitter because they were getting so much stick on Twitter.

You can defend them if you want, it's up to you. I'm not sure why you would when the evidence is there but that's your right. But I'm going to leave it as is because there's not much else I can say that I haven't already said.

noushka05 likes this.
  14. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

I belive it was a video on there website. No idea about television news, I don't watch that.

15. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

:Facepalm

16. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

I'm not unsure of the facts. Sorry if my previous post gave that impression. My point towards twitter and social media in general is that I like to get multiple sources of information before I make a judgement. I also find particularly with the NHS that location is key, different areas and different services struggle in different areas.

I have never made a reference to television only in my last post answering you (didn't think many people watched the news on TVs anymore!) I have just been pointing out websites news pages. Though i think someone mentioned in this thread that it was on local news, but again, I can't confirm that myself.

Edit: notified you have edited your post now. However you have misread (and misquoted) my post. I said I don't watch news on the television. I never said I didn't watch the video that I posted about earlier on the website.

#36 stuaz, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Calvine likes this.
  17. Zaros

I'm aware of Friedman and his ghost, Noush'. A man who did not believe in virtue or the virtuous because, he claimed, people aren't rewarded for their virtue.

Politicians; the most unvirtuous people on the planet, reaping stealing all the bleedin' rewards.:Meh

noushka05 likes this.
  18. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

Really? Because when someone says 'I believe it's....' that usually means they haven't watched because if they had, they would know what it is.

And I don't know which post of mine you are referring to when you say you were 'notified' that I have edited it. I didn't know we had that facility on this board.

And just to let you know, I pay great attention to the language people use in debates. And I recognise goalpost movement and obfuscation from a mile away. So I really am going to leave it there as I can't be ar5sed to get into a circular argument.

Have fun!

19. stuaz

stuaz PetForums VIP

Goalpost moving... oh the irony....

20. Zaros

:Facepalm Kin 'ell! Any chance we can have a thread without the bickering?

noushka05 and Magyarmum like this.