Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

NHS Dentist

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by poohdog, Nov 8, 2012.

1. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

I've been in a lot of pain the last few days with a bad tooth and another that has broken off.
    I phoned my last dentist and the line was dead.(Gone out of business?) So came on the PC and searched for others in this area. (NHS website..List last updated August 2011 :thumbdown:) I phoned 11 and all said they were fully booked...two said they'd ring back if a gap appeared in the waiting list.Four said they could see me if I paid for private care :rolleyes:

So I phoned PALS the NHS help line to find a dentist....Their help line said on a recorded message they were very busy and would call me back within 48 hours.:angry:
    I mentioned this in my local shop and the lass in there gave me the number of her dentist who she said had NHS spaces...magic!... I'm in tomorrow morning.

Aint it marvelous that the NHS helpline and website were a dead loss and I found help from my local shop girl?

2. metame

metame PetForums VIP

im glad you managed to find one at least and i hope you get it sorted!

i've never used the website to find a dentist or dr or anything, when moved i just asked neighbours advice for good drs in the local area and when i moved again i just asked my landlady bout a dentist!

i was just lucky i guess.

3. waggytailsandwhiskers

waggytailsandwhiskers PetForums Junior

I know they are not particularly helpful, just to let you know that even though it says last updated in 2011 they still get updated, when we had a new dentist start his name was added on for my practice on the NHS website and it still said updated 2011 even though it was actually updated this year, don't know why. The lack of NHS dental spaces really gets my blood boiling, as we also operate an NHS emergency drop in centre and people come for miles away, anywho hope you get it sorted and it's not to unpleasant for you. Oh and just to add that if you are looking for a NHS dentist you will find spaces coming available at the start of the new year, always a big push to get new patients in as the NHS dental contracts finish in April and practices always want to meet their targets....ok waffle over :p

4. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

I have a lovely nhs dental surgery and i love my dentist.

I got in just before all the overcrowding and the dentists not taking anymore people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice