Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

NFC and Coons in Scotland

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by happysaz133, May 15, 2010.

1. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

Hiya :)
    Just curious really, wondered if anyone knew how often Norwegian Forest Cats and Maine Coon's end up in rescues? They are 2 breeds I would really love to own, but I don't really want to go to a breeder as I like adults (although if any breeders had adults back to them that would be OK too).

I don't have an awful lot of experience with MC's, but my Auntie has 3 norwegians and they are such wonderful big cats, I have cared for them and love them.

Anyone know of any breeders in Scotland that might have adults sometimes, or if they come into rescue often? I know I definately don't want a kitten, so I realise I may have to wait a while! Further north in Scotland the better :thumbup:

2. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

I'd still try the breeders because sometimes they retire ex breeding cats to pet homes :)

3. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

I would try the rescues too,the Norwegian forest cat club often have adults for rehoming or the Viking cat club (Felis britannica club).

Izzie

4. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

Thanks! I have found a breeder of NFC's in Aberdeenshire, will try contacting them. :D

5. groundhogdaze

groundhogdaze PetForums Member

If you go on to the MAine Coon breeders website and register with the rehoming section they keep you up to date with available rescues. They currently got two adult males available in Northumberland.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice