Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Next chapter

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mum2Alfie, May 25, 2010.

1. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Like I said on my other post about my sister, next one to come along is my brothers meeting. Gonna keep this one short. He suffers from OCD and clynical depression. Has had it for a very long time. So 18 months ago he FINALLY started treatment. Which now they have taken away, saying that he no longer needed it.......er cause he is sooo better!!! NOT!! So we went to the meeting to tell that his not ready, but to no avail! They say they are hindering him getting better by being there helping him, yet his problem now is that he wont do anything unless someone is there, so he still has a problem, they have admitted that! But wont give him anything else. But, we can do it! But his good enough for no more treatment, but not good enough to be left to it, cause we can do it! Yet he is gonna have this for life, but no longer needs treatment......do you understand this??? Cause I certainly didnt! But we are gonna take over and do what they couldnt do in those 18 months and show them up gooden!!! I hate the way mentally ill people are pushed aside! Disabled people or elderly would NEVER be treated this way!!! Grrrr!!!

2. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Have you tried writing to your mp, a bit of government headed note paper sometime kicks butts and gets them moving in the right direction

3. metame

metame PetForums VIP

***hugs***

(im already talking to you, but just wanted to respond)

4. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

ty bullet but theres no point, the cognitive therapy he was getting is no longer funded, and aparently the help he was getting at home was only meant to be a year!!! Tis ok, we are gonna follow what they say, if it works we can boast how we did it and they didnt get close, if it doesnt then we can go back and tell them we told you so!!! So either way we win!!! I am not giving up on my brother.

Ty metame!

5. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

I know exactly how you feel.

My OH has suffered from OCD, anxiety and depression for years. Hes been on prozac for about 4 years which helped at first but recently he has been getting so much worse. He can barely leave the house to go to work, some days he cant get out of bed. he has a shift in the morning and is so anxious over it he hasnt eaten or spoken all evening. he wont sleep tonight either.
    He went to his gp again this morning begging for help as he is sick of feeling this way and the gp has given him more tablets to take on top of the prozac. he cant drive or anything as the tablets zonk him out so much.
    he has been referred for some counselling but its been weeks and no one can tell us how much longer it will be.
    i really feel for you and your brother cos its just such a load of s**t how in this day and age mental health problems just arent dealt with as seriously as other illnesses.:mad:
    I really dont know what will happen with OH, its just getting worse and worse:(

6. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I understand where you're coming from about mental health being the bottom of the list but can I ask who is telling you this information, is it his GP?

7. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

No its his physchologist, nurse and carer. In Harlow we have a centre for mental health and its all dealt with in there. He does see his GP, but only to get his tablets.

8. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

I am sorry I didnt respond before, I was going to but I popped on just before I took Alfie to school and run outta time before I realised it!

I know what ur going through. You need to push, keep going up the drs, make a pest of yourself until you get what he deserves! To be honest, I think the only reason they took my brother seriously was because a few years back he took an overdose. My OH says sometimes you may have to bend the truth a little with these people. I hope it gets sorted for you.

9. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

its awful that it had to get to that stage, your brother should have been helped way before then! we'll keep pushing. hes got another gp appointment in 4 weeks to review his progress so thats a start. normally they push tablets on him and dont bother seeing him for months!

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

That's awful :mad:

11. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Thats better than nothing. Try again with the therapy, cause he cant keep going like this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice