Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Newport Agricultural Society

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by pommum, Jul 15, 2009.

1. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Is anyone entered at Neport show this Saturday?
    I will be there I have three entered but only taking two as Arwin is hopefully pregnant and I don't like to take them out of the house to much when they are in pup.

take care

Sarah

2. waggytailsstore

waggytailsstore PetForums Senior

Hi Sarah
    How's things with you? It's very wet, we're off to Newport in a minute to set up for tomorrow, we'll be somewhere near the village green and antique fair tent so pop in and say hello, I'm packing my wellies just in case:eek:

3. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

LOL I was thinking of showing my boots tomorrow tbh, I have my two little boys with me too tomorrow as my OH is away with work this weekend, he too isn't impressed as they are sleeping in tents this weekend LMAO poor things hehehehe.

I will try to pop over and say Hello, we wont be getting there to early as we are not in until after 12 noon according ot the schedule anyway.

Take care ad hopefully see you tomorrow.

Sarah

4. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

we are going Lucky Poppy has just finished her season, and Meg has shown no signs of starting so hopefully we will be there, welly's and all. Miss this show last year as Poppy was in season, so it will be nice to go as we have not been before, are you at Oswestry on sunday Sarah

anne

5. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Hi Anne,
    No I'm not at Oswestry I missed the closing date and realised over a week later when my friend asked me.

Hopefully we will see you there tomorrow.

take care

Sarah

6. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

What along day we had today, we didn't get in the ring until 4pm but it was worth it in the end.
    My little Tpoot Sweet was 2nd in AVNSC toy Junior out of a big class of mainly poms' there was 6 pom's 2 Jap chin's and a King charles cavalier, she was beaten by Harry's litter sister Jelly Belly who went on to win BP AVNSC and also puppy group 2 so I was very pleased with her win. I also took Wikit my black boy, who hasn't been out to a show for a good few months or so and was a little scatty to say the least LOL and was 3rd out of another big class of about 6+ dogs.

Sorry to Laura for not getting down to see you, but we were right at the far end of the dog show area, and I had my kids with me too and they were being little wotsit's. so as soon as I had fifnished in the ring I went home, I was supposed ot watch my friends in the pony driving class to but never got chance.
    Hope to see you at another show soon.

take care
    Sarah

7. waggytailsstore

Hi Sarah
    Sorry to have missed you too, I did walk up the other of the show to have a look at the dog show, but early on before we really got busy, luckily the weather held off during the show, we had a right time of it putting the stand up on friday in torrential rain, also threatened to rain when we were taking it down but it held off, we did however dismantle and pack away in a record hour and a half:D normally takes at least an hour longer than that. We've just finished a run of 3 shows back to back so I'm quite glad that I haven't got to dash off anywhere to put a tent up today and can catch up on some cricket!
    Well done to your winners and places, fabulous, which show for you next?
    Will you be going to Shropshire Game Fair at the end of August?

8. waggytailsstore

Hi Anne
    Did you go the show, how did you get on? Hope it went ok for you.

9. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I didn't get tot he show until 11.30am as we weren't in until the afternoon, although we could have left it even later as we didn't get in the ring until turned 3pm it took forever. I had a nightmare morning befor we got there with my kids and then when we did get there they parked us in some woodland area on a steep slope, I put my dogs crate ont he trooley strapped it all own and began to set off up the slope to get to flatter ground, but the trolley didn't appreciate the slope and toppled over thankfully there was enough people around to help me pick eveything up, whilst I checked onmy dogs, who were very nonplused about the whole thing which I found suprising tbh bt it never bothered them and they were both sort of well behaved in the ring lol.
    Sorry to hear you had bad weather putting the stand up, it was horrible on friday, I had said to my friend that if the weather kept up on Fridya noght saturday morning that I wouldn't have gone. We all wore boots and big coats just in case.

My next show is Paignton ch show in August and then no more shows until bank hloiday monday at the end of August.
    No I'm not doing the game fair this year we did it last year and it was to expensive.

take care
    Sarah

10. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

hi Laura,,

lovely show got 1st with Meg in junior and a 2nd in open with Poppy:)

sad about the tractor accident and the man airlifted to hospital, hope he makes it

11. waggytailsstore

Hi Anne
    Fabulous:) Well done to you Poppy and Meg. Didn't know anything about the accident but remember hearing a helicopter going over! Yes I hope he's ok. We were so busy I couldn't get away from the tent! Can't complain at that really:wink5: Best wishes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice