Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Newby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pixie2010, May 10, 2010.

1. Pixie2010

Pixie2010 PetForums Senior

Hello. I have been mum to Pixie a 9 week old ShihTzu for 2 weeks now, and would like to say what a godsend this forum has been. Nothing prepared me for how hard getting a puppy was going to be, and I often found comfort and advice through those first really hard few days. I still visit most days and have learned about crating (working very well - had our first dry night yesterday) and food, (am changing to Burns). Biggest problem I have is nipping - she actually ripped my finger open today, but it is good to see that I am not alone in that yelping makes her worse. Am beginning to recognise she is at her worst when tired or in need of a poo and generally put her in her crate, where she will settle down. :thumbup:

2. lianne86

lianne86 PetForums Member

Hi and welcome :) things will get better...promise! we've got another pup on the way (god forbid) ha! so its back to square 1 for us! all the training,crate etc but its all worth it x

3. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome :)

Sounds like a lovely cheeky puppy you have on your hands :D Glad you've found this place useful so far, make sure you start up a thread if you have any q's, lots of people on here often have bright ideas on how to train up cheeky puppies! I've got a golden retriever and I went round in lots of circles with him, but you will get there, probably lots faster than we did too :lol:

4. Pixie2010

Pixie2010 PetForums Senior

Thanks for making me welcome. I have already started basic training - she can do sit and down, and we are working on leave it as she is a demon for bird poo and all kinds of crap in the garden! (Have just ordered a long line and harness to keep some control) and are booked into puppy training in June. Am feeling really house bound so have just started nipping out whilst she is asleep, but can't wait until she can go out for walks which should be in a couple of weeks. :)

5. metame

metame PetForums VIP

just wanted to say hi and welcome!

6. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

hi and welcome, gorjus pupster :)

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

8. Emma Kuma

Emma Kuma PetForums Member

Hello Hun :)

Welcome to the forum, its great here with lots of lovely people with all the help/advice you could ever need :)

Enjoy xx

9. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum :) :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice