Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Newbies: any thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Anele Jessica, Jan 22, 2008.

1. We do need more members, especially in General chat. But looks like most of them either not getting interested enough, or shy, or something else....
    Any ideas on how to attract people and get them hooked here?

I think - first of all - to reply to ALL they're messages ( every single post), just to encourage them to stay.

Any more tips?

2. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

I agree about replys,as it encourages people to post even more,but imho i think that this board is such a warm and friendly place that people want to join and stay, it just takes some people a while to warm up:)I have looked at and been member to a couple of boards and some have to much going on-some have imho "animal snobs/know it alls who don't want to help anyone but want high praise for only their achievements and are not interested in anyone elses and so it can be intimidating just because (especially if your new with boards of any sort)your not sure how honest, friendly etc people are being or a group seems more like a click and you don't want to intrude so to speak. But as i have said i really haven't felt any of the above on any section of this board:)Coz we're all extremely proud of our fur babes(whatever our preference) and when you get a simple-"Yep,know what you mean" or "Lovely photo" it makes your efforts and imput appreciated.:)So not sure you really need any tips Elena, and it's great that things such as this are on your radar-you should all be very proud of this board,the forums and it's members-and it really does make all feel welcomed from Established Breeders to poo and cafe slaves and pure pet lovers:)And every animal and person in between and beyond.

3. Dal_Lover

Dal_Lover PetForums Junior

I am pretty new. I am not snobby. I join in when I have something of value to say and I guess I am a bit on the quiet side. :)

4. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

Im here.....................:D
    Sorry not really been around much today..............:p

But i am here now..............:D

5. jobrian

jobrian PetForums Junior

Hi

Im new here and have posted some photos of my animals and my aylesbury ducks, which lots of people seemed to like.

6. Jo P

Jo P PetForums VIP

Well I'm new and found it really easy to post here - but I do have one thing going for me - I've got a great big gob and I'm not afraid to use it:D:D:D:D:D

7. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

hee hee the bigger the better:D:D:D:D

8. Puppy Love

Puppy Love PetForums Senior

Im also quite new here and I do read all the threads everyday....some of them I have enjoyed following cos it has been making me laugh

Keep up the good work, you are all a great bunch of people...so friendly

Puppy Love

9. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

This is still quite a new forum so it is going to take time for people to make it one of their favourite places to hang around. It has a friendly atmosphere and people will return;)

10. ilovesharpei

ilovesharpei PetForums Member

hellooooooooo i am here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    i think this is a great forum and even when i can't be on here for
    a few days i can catch up on what has been going on,

11. Sharpie - you'r not a newbie anymore:D; but everytime someone dissappears - there is a thoughts that they've got upsert, or dissappointed. Quite a lots of people joining but not many chatting on General chat. Some do try - for a short only period.

12. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

i tried posting in general chat ,but i felt i was being attacked and some people where boardering on rude ,but as i come on here to look at dog related things im quiet happy to stay out of this bit

13. LOL......typed words sometimes makes one fell like that, as you cant see the face nor hear the voice..... May be it was on-going joke or something silly?

14. claire

claire Guest

I have found this site very friendly and i think its easier to get involved when questions are asked, ilke what is everyone doing today? would you consider plastic surgery? i think it is more open and welcoming than trying to get involved in a discusion between people who have already spoke to each other

15. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

glad most new members are happy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

16. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

I'm fairly new well a couple of weeks , I read more than post I am shy sort of person and will reply if I think is relavent but I dont want to put myself out by saying the wrong things or affraid I may upset not meaning too , , so I will try and post on more because I think this is such a lovely site .
    :):):)

17. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I'm sorry you felt this way, I always try my best to make everyone feel welcome as do most people on here, but I'm glad you have found an area of the forum that you are happy with:)

18. Broxdown

Broxdown PetForums Junior

I'm new! No problems so far other that a half swipe the other day which was deleted anyway. I think that what one needs to remember is to try and use the smilies on the side of the writing pad as they can help others get the gist of the tone you are trying to get across :D

BTW This is a lovely, handy site, I'm glad I found it :cool:

19. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

we all have the fear that we may unwittingly hurt someones feelings but putting a smiley by your comment will show you mean no harm and if I offend anyone just let me know what I did to do offend and I will try to rectify the problem:):) I wont mind I promise:D:)

20. YEP!!!:D:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice