Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Newbies and Scaredy Cats

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AJ_007, Jun 5, 2018.

1. AJ_007

AJ_007 PetForums Newbie

Hi all!
    I hope I’ve chosen the right place to post this question/ introduction, I’ve never actually used a forum before to be honest.
    I’m Ami, i have two black kittens, one boy, one girl, both 12 weeks old as of Sunday :)
    They’re both super affectionate and so sweet and lovely, compared to my previous cats. Today OH shattered a perfume bottle in the bedroom, and the kittens were skittering around playing. Glass everywhere, I managed to get one out, but the other ran directly over the glass, and then proceeded to freak out and run away from me. She did it multiple times, and eventually, I had to grab her by the middle and pull her out from between two chairs as she was about to run over the glass again. I checked her over, made sure she wasn’t cut, or showing any signs of being hurt. However, now she won’t come anywhere near me, she runs away with a little prrrup meow, and acts like she’s terrified of me whenever she sees me coming. Will she eventually get over this and I should leave her alone, or should I keep attempting to fuss and stroke her like I have been? Her brother is fine with me.

Many thanks in advance, I don’t want my affectionate little kitten to hate me.

2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

She will get over it - but for now she's scared you want to grab her again and maybe hurt her !

Just leave her alone for now, talk to her gently and quietly - but let her come to you in her own time and when she does reward her with a treat or two so that she beings to associate you with good things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice