Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Foz, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Foz

Foz PetForums Newbie

Hello all, another newbie here. I have just adopted a red and white border collie and after only 24hrs I can see the potential she has. I only hope I can do her justice with training. I am usually good with training, I am calm by nature and try to use 1 word instructions along with hand gestures. My wife on the other hand does have a knack of panicking and will raise her voice so I think it best that training is left to me lol.
    This forum seems to be full of useful information and tips so you might hear from me regularly. I'll try and upload a picture of her soon.

Attached Files:

2. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums Senior

Welcome!

She looks very much like to BC i had as a kid, he was a monkey for the first two years but a turned out fantastic. He was very clever :)

Foz likes this.
  3. Foz

Foz PetForums Newbie

She's adorable and I can see her and me being the best of friends.

Teddy-dog likes this.
  4. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Aww what a pretty little girl. Hope you have loads of fun with her and welcome to the forum.

5. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome yes calm approach to training is a must with a collie along with hand gestures and the whistle. Plus they love to retrieve as they think its their job

6. Foz

Foz PetForums Newbie

Well it's the end of week 1, so far my lovely little lady has been an absolute gem. Only 2 puppy piddle accidents.
    Will play happily with her new brother .
    She has already learnt the word NO and will come to me on command also sits to command I feel so blessed.