Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Newbie with plenty of photos to share :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by IvyInspired, Oct 10, 2013.

1. IvyInspired

IvyInspired PetForums Newbie

Hiya Guys!

I'm new to this forum, and just thought id go through the proper initiation process and tell you a bit about myself and my pets! :)

I am a 25 year old Risk Accountant for a Palm Oil Refinery - which basically means that i track the company's hedge, currency and physical oil position, and how risky that position is. It is a small company, so there is a family atmosphere there, which is great.

Accounting was never what i wanted to do with my life though. I was totally animal obsessed growing up - and so instead of going into an animal based career, iv chosen to indulge in amazing pets in my spare time instead.

In my spare time i also partake in modelling. I never get paid for this or anything, i simply offer my time to photographers in exchange for edited images, and i do this purely for artistic and creative reasons. I stick mainly to fantasy and steampunk genres - but anything that includes animals i obviously love as well!

My first pet after i moved out of my parents house was a pet rat called Logan. He was a total legend! I even did a photoshoot with him - a few photo's from this are in my 'Logan the Rat' photo album on my profile :)

At the moment i have 2 Bengal cats who are sisters, and i keep these as housecats and take them on regular walks which they love! Again - piccies of these in an album called 'Cinder and Ash'.

I also have 2 male ferret kits, recently acquired - and they are a bit of a handful! Love them to pieces though, and again, their photo's are in an album called 'Chivalry and Pacey'.

Sorry this ended up as a right old rant! It wasnt intended this way, honest :blushing:

I'd love to hear from you guys; your pets, occupations and hobbies?? And please rant away to make me not feel so bad!! :p

2. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

Welcome hun x :)

3. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Ivy.

#3 Knightofalbion, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  4. j4nfr4n

j4nfr4n PetForums VIP

Hi Ivy welcome to the forum :)

5. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Saw your rat pics already - welcome to the forum. I have never been blessed with a rat as Mr lb is frightened of them (the wuss!), but have had mice, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, fish, a snake, cats, dogs and stick insects.

6. metame

metame PetForums VIP

your pets are all gorgeous!
    I especially love Chivalry

Hi and welcome to pf!

7. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum.

8. KymnRab

KymnRab PetForums Newbie

Hey & welcome :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice