Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Newbie needs help/advice

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mastiff_lass, May 22, 2010.

1. Mastiff_lass

Mastiff_lass PetForums Junior

Hi all,

Just stumbled across this forum whilst trying to look for laws relating to puppy buying.

I'm Tracie from Nottingham, I currently own a Thoroughbred horse, a goldfish and two mice lol

I'm looking into buying a puppy at the mo to show.

Bit I need help/advice on: nearly two weeks ago I went to view a puppy I found on epupz (Neo Mastiff x Presa Canario) I rang and asked the age, parent details etc (not first pup I've bought, mum breeds Cockers) and asked what deposit they'd take as she was 7 weeks old.
    Now, I left my £100 deposit, got a receipt and agreed to go back wednesday just gone to collect the pup.

Now, the seller tried EVERYTHING, and I mean everything to get me to pick this pup up a day earlier, I work part time but can get called away at any time. I said I would try but I couldn't make any promises.
    I had massive car trouble on tuesday and told her I'd collect the pup on the day we agreed as I couldn't get another car after the first one broke down!

She text me, at 2pm on the day I was due to collect the pup (original date we'd agreed at viewing) and said she'd sold it to someone else!!!

At this point I was furious as it's 80 odd miles to York and I had my daughter in school til 3:30pm so I was stuck! I sent a text back asking for my deposit back and I didn't get a reply!

Anyone know if I'm in the right asking for the deposit back? She broke the sale by 'selling' the pup on to someone else even though no time was specified to collect it.
    I informed her I couldn't get til I picked my daughter up, all texts and emails sent and recieved have been kept.

Thanks in advance

Tracie

2. metame

metame PetForums VIP

no ideas im afraid, but i dont think she can legally sell it if you;ve paid a deposit and have done nothing against the deposit

sorry everythings gone wrong!

hope someone more knowledgeable will be along. if you try reposting in the dog section, im guessing some breeders may know about the laws?!

3. Mastiff_lass

Thanks hun, will copy and paste lol

4. rona

rona Guest

I think this needs discussing with CAB.
    I'm absolutely sure you are in the right

5. Mastiff_lass

Thank you Rona

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice