Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Newbie in the office

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zayna, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

Sooo annoyed!!

Our office has been getting a bit busy lately so our boss has sent a lady over from one of the other locations to help out 2 days a week.

Things is the woman is a nighmare, shes very 'in' with the bosses and loves telling tales. I have been told off so many times last week for being a few minutes late, having my mobile on my desk etc etc. Little petty things that the boss wouldnt notice if it wasnt for this woman bringing them up and making an issue out of them.

The two days she is there its horrible cos we have to watch our backs constantly. you feel like you dont even dare go make a cup of tea incase she reports you for 'slacking'.

I know im in for a telling off tomorrow cos I was 5 minutes late this morning and the woman gave me a 'look' so i know shes going to grass me up. she always leaves 10 minutes early though but thats ok apparently cos shes the bosses pet.

aaaarrrghhh!! Hate work!!!!:incazzato:

#1 Zayna, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

That's lousy, nothing worse than some jobsworth:frown:

Not really sure what you can do cos with people like that they will always find something to pull you up on.

3. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Everyone is late for work now and again due to traffic and other ad hoc issues so they shouldn't make an issue out of it, especially if you make the time up during your lunch hour (assuming you do - and if you do, point it out to them). If you were habitually late - then thats a different story.

If you do get pulled up by your boss, play her game (just once) and mention that she is leaving work 10 minutes early - i'll bet she takes a full hour for lunch.

4. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

I was only a few minutes late and I always make up the time.. also the other morning at around 11.30 I was feeling really hungary so I said I would take an early lunch (we dont really have set times for lunch) I went and got a breakfast meal, ate that and didnt go to lunch later. Next day I get told off for 'going and getting breakfast during work hours'.:mad:

As tempting as it is to drop her in it for leaving early... the boss would take no notice as shes her pet.:mad:

5. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Sounds like you have to stick up for yourself here, and put hard facts on the table to them - i.e yes you were a little late, but you made it up during lunch. Yes, you did go out at 11.30 am, but it was for an early lunch hour, not an additional one. etc etc.

Or, make a point of telling your boss everytime you are a few minutes late saying that you will make it up at lunch time. He/she will soon get tired of this and tell you not to bother.

Is it only you she does this to or does she do it to everyone else as well? If its just you, it could be jealousy.

& with the tea rounds, don't stop yourselves from getting a tea round - do it & always ask her if she wants one. I'm willing to bet she will say yes.

6. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

she tattle tales on everyone so she isnt very popular. I just dont know how people get off on making other people get in trouble. Its making work not a very nice place:(

7. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

God thats a nightmare! hope she gets her commuppance hun - she will those sort always do ;)

8. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

I'm almost always late for work in the morning, however my bosses don't care cos i always make it up by staying late to cover it. like someone else suggested, go in and tell your boss each time your late and tell her/him how you will make it up later.. they'll soon tell you to stop bothering them with petty time management hiccups.

i'd also quiet word with HR about what is going on and what it's doing to the moral of the permanent workers. rehearse it before hand so it doesn't just sound like you whinging, but you should bring it up as you shouldn't have to feel like you can't be trusted. if you can get others to do it also.
    she might be the bosses pet, but HR should take a very dim view of this sort of rubbish.

remember and treat her nice as pie as if you are her best friend... if she's as annoying as she sounds it will drive her nuts cos she won't be getting the reaction she wants face to face.

9. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Exact same thing happened at my Uncle's business. He employed a family friend as well as his sister and brother. Currently he is no longer in contact with his sister or brother but is with the family friend still who is a tattle tale and went around spreading rumours behind his back about his son not being his etc..!!

I sure hope this isn't what I'm in for in Essex :scared:

All I can think of is just wait it out til you can get out of that place :(

10. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

am even more annoyed today! came in this morning to find she had plonked herself in my desk. I wasnt bothered, just took myself off to sit somewhere else. Halfway through the day I asked if i could log on my PC for 10 minutes to check my emails, she was fine with it at the time but later on I get pulled in by the boss, the woman has complained about me 'throwing her off her desk'.Boss has told me that she must be allowed to sit at the same desk all day, not be moved around... FFS, it was my bloomin desk in the first place:incazzato:

11. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

omg I would have been so mad!!:eek6: Is there noone more senior that u can have a quite word with?? she sounds a complete bitch I would seriously have to stand up to her and tell her :rolleyes:

12. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

shes sodded off on holiday til next week.... dont worry, we shall be having a word with her when she gets back:mad:

13. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

She sounds like an over-powering, pedantic little snitch if you ask me... :rolleyes:

14. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Good - she shouldnt be allowed to do this to u - good luck hope u get it sorted :)xx

15. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

OMG did your Boss even realise that it was your desk in the first place?

I wouldn't have stood for it tbh. If i was in your shoes i would have stood and waited for her to move, saying very loudly that it was your desk and you needed access to your work e-mails etc etc.

Sounds like she has it in for you for some reason.:mad:

If she is on holiday next week, you and your colleagues have some time to sort this out with your boss.

Good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice