UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 · (Edited)
So as you lot know I had to get the vaccines elsewhere (Jolly's) - As my appointment got cancelled with Medivet due to them having a cronvirus outbreak.

I have concluded and made the decision for Nada not to have her second vaccine until she has finished on Ronidazole.

Further, I'm really shocked or worried with Nadas poo today, dark orange looking fecal and something that looks like a worm covered in poo. Please see attached and let me know if you guys can make anything of it (Sorry for attaching another poo). @ewelsh @Tigermoon @spotty cats @huckybuck

Diet: Hilife
Probiotic
Meds: Ronidazole

Attachments

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Well I thought orange poop was caused by the colouring in food, according to google - it can be gallbladder or liver bile due to a bacteria infection in the intestines.

I am trying to work out what the white colour folded bit is, can you dissect it @HabibB horrible job but we need to see if it is chicken or a ruddy big worm.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
@ewelsh I can't dissect sorry already disposed that was a job init self. But for sure looked like a worm definetly not chicken.

Also worried about the orangey bit.

Not looking good I guess.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Sorry, I couldn’t reply last night.

To me if it was a worm thats good it is out, poor little girl having that in her intestines. Any way you can send that photo to your vets to look at rather than taking her in and stressing her out more. Worth a try.

I dont think its bad news, but need to know if it was a worm should she have more wormers

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
@ewelsh I can't dissect sorry already disposed that was a job init self. But for sure looked like a worm definetly not chicken.

Also worried about the orangey bit.

Not looking good I guess.
Sorry I couldn't reply last night and then couldn't access the forum once they'd updated it!

Didn't you have the test at PALS that showed there were no parasites? Worms are tiny things, grains or rice sized or so. That looks more like she's eaten hair or a rubber band/elastic.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Hello hope everyone is well.

It is with regret that my family have decided we can no longer care for Nada - there are a number of reasons and I'm sure youre all aware of the circumstances if you have followed my thread.

Nada would have completed the Ronidazole tomorrow and has a follow up assessment coming Monday. She will also have her second vaccination shortly.

I would like to understand my options as we'd like to make sure she is rehomed somewhere where she can continue her life.

Im hoping she will return with a negative Tritrichomonas result in due course which would then mean she's free from the parasite.

Your assistance would be much appreciated in this transition.

@ewelsh @Tigermoon

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
So very sad and sorry to hear this. I know how hard you have tried to get her sorted. I would contact a local rescue (Cats Protection or similar) and they should be able to help you.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I’m very sorry to hear this too. I would definitely recommend Cats Protection as although each branch is essentially autonomous, they do have the backing and experience from the larger charity.

In my experience some of the smaller independent rescues are well meaning but very hand to mouth and often run by only one or two people.
From what I’ve seen, they’re also often rather chaotic affairs with few resources and although as I say, they do mean well, I think animal welfare can suffer as a result.
Which isn’t to say there aren’t good ones too, but I’d go with CP.

They will have more resources for vet treatment plus will spend time ensuring she gets the right home, as well as offering ongoing support to her new owners.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Probably a long shot, I was hoping to avoid most of these shelters as I've heard some shocking stories. My inclination would be for somebody to adopt her who could take could care of her and give her the TLC she deserves - maybe I'm thinking this way for her best interest. As I'd like to provide all her belongings with her to the new owner ideally.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Probably a long shot, I was hoping to avoid most of these shelters as I've heard some shocking stories. My inclination would be for somebody to adopt her who could take could care of her and give her the TLC she deserves - maybe I'm thinking this way for her best interest. As I'd like to provide all her belongings with her to the new owner ideally.
Cats Protection will do all that and scrutinise any potential adopters, they don’t just let people walk out with the cat.
I can’t see that they’d have a problem passing on her things as well.
Branches around the country may vary I realise but I’ve been very impressed by our local branch.

More importantly for her, the charity will get on top of any health issues and if needs be provide ongoing support for an adopter, which is what they do if cats have pre-existing medical conditions.

If you advertise her privately on social media, unless you personally know the adopters well, there’s absolutely no way you can verify if they’re suitable or not.
People can and do lie through their teeth on social media and then disappear off the face of the planet once they’ve got what they want.

Whereas a decent charity will ask them lots of questions and probably do a home visit as well.
In my opinion that’s a lot better for her welfare than just handing her over to a random stranger who could be completely unsuitable.

Just my view anyway.

·
Registered
680 Posts
As for the horror stories, that’s why you go to an official proven charity rather than a self appointed ‘rescue’ run by one or two people with inadequate facilities and living hand to mouth.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
The difficulty is you could land yourself in a whole load of trouble. If the new owner decided that after taking her, they no longer wanted her because you didn't tell them something, or the reality of the situation was more than they thought you'd have to take her back, or they could turn round and hand you a big vet bill.

Also you'd need to be super careful when letting her go to a new home as there are plenty of people out there who'll smile to your face, tell you want you need to hear but not really have Nala's best interests at heart.

Given the circumstances, you'd be better off placing her into the care of a shelter where you know that should she relapse, they'd be best placed to deal with it and get her treatment.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
I am so sorry, goodness me I know you have tried. X

I have to agree, take her to cats protection or a similar larger charity write down every thing you have done and the results, they will need this to move forward.
I am sure you know if you advertise kittens, young cats on certain web sites for free or needing a new home, you could be leaving Naga to the temptation of dog baiting,

Please keep us up to date with how things are going, I feel rather protective of little one now. I also hope that one day in the future you and your family will want another kitten. X

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Evening @ewelsh

As for now Nada stays with us until she has her second vaccination (tomorrow) and until my 3y old can come to terms - shes not happy for Nada to go they have a strong sibling like bond. They have a routine and my little one would be distraught so have to transition slowly.

I've also noticed Nadas poo is going back to being runny, unsure if the ronidazole has done its work.

I will keep you poated on here, it will most likely be the case later next week she will be rehomed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Fair enough, you did give it a good long try.

Did they assure you she would be adopted out? Did you get any information on what happens now?
Not really no, apart from she gets spayed immediately which I had to drop her of to the vets for and sign over the responsibilities diaclaimer.

They said by looking at her she would be rehomed within a week max.

Hopefully shes rehomed with good owners.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
@HabibB let me reassure your thoughts, the RSPCA know her history and will pass this on to her new owners, they will also give her a good medical check too, they are very strict about rehoming cats now, so try not to worry. x

I hope your little girl is ok too x

161 - 180 of 185 Posts