UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Hello all

Progress today finally after £££.

Seen by medivet, ronidazole prescribed for two weeks. Prescription ordered, awaiting collection.

- Vet tried to sell prescription diet i refused at this stage.

@Tigermoon i refused the vets probiotic as im using the human grade version you said. How mu ch should i dose this with the ronidazole?

Thank you all for your continued support, I feel like im getting somewhere.

Rgds
H

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Hello all

Progress today finally after £££.

Seen by medivet, ronidazole prescribed for two weeks. Prescription ordered, awaiting collection.

- Vet tried to sell prescription diet i refused at this stage.

@Tigermoon i refused the vets probiotic as im using the human grade version you said. How mu ch should i dose this with the ronidazole?

Thank you all for your continued support, I feel like im getting somewhere.

Rgds
H
Continue to dose the probiotics as you already are. They are to help replace those good bacteria who are lost during the treatment.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
In addition to the above, make sure you continue the probiotics for at least a week after the course of Ronidazole has been completed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Hello all,

@ewelsh @Tigermoon

Hope you're all well.

Day four of Ranidazole and we have half fully formed poo and the other half half formed. I noticed two different colors, black and brown.

Is this just the process of Ranidazole?

Shes currently taking 45mg daily.

Rgdh

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Hello all,

@ewelsh @Tigermoon

Hope you're all well.

Day four of Ranidazole and we have half fully formed poo and the other half half formed. I noticed two different colors, black and brown.

Is this just the process of Ranidazole?

Shes currently taking 45mg daily.

Rgdh
Was it definitely Black or just very dark brown? Black usually signifies blood, in particular blood from further up in the digestive tract, rather than near the anus.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Well fantastic news for a firm ish poop, maybe you are getting somewhere.

can you take a pic of her poop, so we can see how dark it is? Honestly don't worry about horrible photos, we actually have a thread just for cat poop we are all obsessed with cat poop. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Just another observation that I may have over looked - my kitten never drinks water. Its changed twice a day so its fresh.

Is this something I should be worried about? I suppose it is hot and would of assumed she would drink something.

Please let me know if i should be concerned and raise with my vet.

Diet: she is on hilife complete wet food only now.

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Try placing different height and types of containers usually the larger the better and filtered water is sometimes preferred too.

In our house saucepans, casserole dishes, coffee pots, chicken drinkers and vases are all interesting water containers :D

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
If you really wish your cat to have more fluids during a heatwave, you can always add a few teaspoons of water to the food.
Ollie always has water added to his.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
@OrientalSlave is correct, a cat fed exclusively wet food will rarely drink as they get the fluid they need from the food which will have a huge water content.

Having said that, some cats are more likely to drink if the water has been filtered rather than coming straight from the tap.

·
Shunra Oriental Cats
15,553 Posts
@OrientalSlave is correct, a cat fed exclusively wet food will rarely drink as they get the fluid they need from the food which will have a huge water content.

Having said that, some cats are more likely to drink if the water has been filtered rather than coming straight from the tap.
That might also depend on the tap water! My parents lived in Bourne, Lincolnshire, and I was living in Leeds. My water in Leeds was soft & often peaty, their water was hard and I could smell the chlorine used to treat it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Thanks all regarding the kittens water in-take, some interesting points you guys touched on.

As you all know my kitten is on ronidazole to fight off the tritrichomonas. She is in day 11 and today she requires her second vaccination. Medivet are unable to advise as they are not doing the vaccination. Jollys who are doing the vaccination are okay to go ahead.

Just want to check in with my regulars for any advice @ewelsh @Tigermoon @spotty cats @huckybuck

Thanks if you can get back to me befor 5pm today...

TIA

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
If the vets know what meds she is on and are happy to go ahead I prob would do it since they are her initial ones.

Is she eating well and growing well?

141 - 160 of 185 Posts