Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Newbie from brighton

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by antoniadrake, Jul 5, 2009.

1. antoniadrake

antoniadrake PetForums Newbie

Hi all,
    Just joined never actually been a member of a forum before but ive found this one is great and now ive got a lil kitten i have a real use/interest for it.

Maveric is a silver tabby, 11weeks had him for 2. Beautiful nature and character about him, right little bruiser sturdy kitten and has amazing paws with extra toes, vet gave it a name cant remember and said it was common but he thought it was cool and shouldnt cause him any probs. We joke and call them his opposable thumbs!

I've had cats in past (burmese before) but this was as a kid with my parents, maveric is my first (adult) cat (also having had burmeses i was abit of pedigree snob but wow my tab is amazing so i totally go back on that!) and I am so impressed with how quickly he seemed to have settled in only his first days but that said even now 2 weeks in he shows more signs of his personality, whilst at first he was happy to sit on ur lap or be picked up hands made him a bit nervous and he didnt seem to happy about being stroked but last few days hes relished in some underchin stroking and belly tickling which is lovely :)

Unfortunately we have had some stomach trouble with him one night 4 days into having him all had seemed well he'd even had vet checkup and first jab but then just suddenly started vomitting about 7 times over 2 hours (middle of night) freaked me out and he seemed very agitated so called emergency vet 24 hr she said give him another hour or so and if he has thrown up again or isnt taking any water to briing him in luckily he settled and did drink and we thought stress of taking him then would make it worse so waited til our vet opened in morning.

Vet seemed to think he must have managed to eat something he shouldnt of or poss the change in his diet. cue a big house kitty proof makeover! after that all fine and eating some special vet food. but then his poo got a bit sloopy however having spoken with his previous owner who wasnt a full on breeder or anything he said that they used to give cats alot of there leftover dinner scraps and if cat food mainly adult so i think majority of this was his lil stomach and very young digestive system taking to a) wet cat food over human food and b) of the kitten variety which is quite rich.

He seems to be fine now but it has made me question cat food i think i'll not bother with kitten ranges and have been told james wellbeloved is good (currently on whiskas which is apparently 'mcdonalds' if not worse :-s eek!) i wouldnt have known this if it wasnt for forums like this though!.

anyway think ive rambled enough you seem to like photos on here so it'd be rude not to include some. -- actually how do u upload i cant see anything about it?!?

Cheers,

Antonia

2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF...hope you enjoy your stay...:D

3. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome..:D

4. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice