Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Newbe

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by crystal515, Nov 4, 2012.

1. crystal515

crystal515 PetForums Newbie

:) Hello my name is Crystal, I have 2 dogs and 1 cat myself, also foster 2 cats and 1 Lurcher, who is a rescue dog and was signed over due to previous owners weren't allowed dog/s in their flat. He's 2 years old, smooth,black coat and is crossed with a Saluki.

He has been with me 1 wk, he is under weight the vet says, you can see all his ribs. At the moment I'm encouraging him to eat Chudleys maintainece greyhound food.

My question is what's the best type of food best for putting weight on safely. He doesn't like dry biscuits so i add dog food but he still doesn't seem that interested, I really don't want to be giving him something that's not suitable for him. So any suggestions would be helpful, thanks :)

2. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum, dear Crystal.

3. househens

househens Guest

I like to feed mostly raw. I've never had a problem with it, and also feed a little tinned, for variety. A cheap feed is chicken necks or turkey necks, tho some dogs aren't mad on turkey. Good for teeth, if you let them sit in a bit of water, for a 1/2 hour, the flavour will leach into the water, and it increases the water the dog drinks. Chicken wings have more skin, (fat), chicken drumsticks or maryland pieces, some fatty beef trimmings, brisket bones, if you can find them... not too fatty, but many people SWEAR by green tripe, which I've never used. Always seems to be advised, for low weight dogs.

Dogs seem to adore that diet, eat far better and enthusiastically.

#3 househens, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice