Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New with heavily pregnant persian!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KatieW92, Jun 7, 2010.

1. KatieW92

KatieW92 PetForums Junior

Hiya everyone, I'm Katie and I joined to seek advice about my cat, Crystal. She is a seal-tortie point colourpoint persian :D took her to stud in April and here we are, 62 days later and I think she may be in the early stages of labour. (yay!) So excited and can't wait to have some lovely kittens running round :D

2. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

congratulations!

you mentioned in your other thread that she had some complications in her previous litter? what happened?

3. KatieW92

One was born with a cleft palete, Crystal sat on the second one and the third had fluid in his lungs. So unfortunate, a triple dose of bad luck. A year and a half later, I think she's ready for another litter. She is quite small so I'm only expecting 3 kittens this time around, but we'll have to wait and see!

4. billyboysmammy

oh goodness that was bad luck!

Unfortunatly things like cleft palates, and mum squishing a kitten are risks with every litter :(, did you find out why one had fluid in the lungs?

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

5. KatieW92

No, didn't find out. The vet had it put to sleep because there was no way it was going to survive. Crystal has stopped bleeding now. Hope this doesn't mean she's decided not to have the babies tonight!! I was getting so excited, but I suppose the longer they stay in there, the better! x

6. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

If she was bleeding but nothing has happened in the last 6 hours i think i would be seeking veterinary advice? If the discharge turns green or she seems distressed she needs to go to the vets straight away.

Hope all goes well and you soon have some gorgeous pictures to post! :thumbup:

7. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome :thumbup: Hope all goes well and post pics of the kittens when they are here!!

8. billyboysmammy

I wouldnt worry about a vets yet, the discharge can last a few days as some cats lose their plug earlier than others.

Just keep a close eye on it, if it turns into fresh bleeding, changes colour (green/yellow), has any sort of odour or you feel worried in any way then off to the vets.

For now, i think things are progressing very well, she is day 63? and so could yet be a couple of days before the actual birth x

9. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to pf :)

10. KatieW92

Thank you all for the welcomes!
    Day 62 now. She had her last litter at 65 days. Not sure if it will always follow the same pattern? She seems fine. It's more of a discharge with blood in it, rather than actual blood. It's not bright red, but it isn't quite pink either. What sort of problems would fresh blood indicate? x

11. billyboysmammy

bright red fresh blood (not mucous with blood tinge), would indicate some form of internal problem. Could be placenta previa of the first kitten, placental detatchment or even uterine rupture!

12. Purrrrfect

Purrrrfect PetForums VIP

Hi KatieW92 and welcome to PetForums, We hope you enjoy your stay and look
    forward to hearing all about your Exotic and her babies in the cat section of the forum.
    If you need any help please don’t hesitate to ask one the Moderators a list of
    Which can be found by clicking the link below.
    This will show you which Moderators are online.
    Pet Forums Community - Show Groups

[​IMG]

#12 Purrrrfect, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  13. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Hi Katie and welcome to the forums.:D

14. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to our freindly forum, from one welsh person to another lolol I hope you enjoy yourself with us all, and dont be shy get in there and join in the fun xxxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice