UK Pet Forums Forum banner

New website design

1K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  nicolaa123 
#1 ·
Check it out please - proof read etc and see what you think - all inspired by your previous comments. I can't do everybody's thoughts as some conflicted but I tried.

#3 ·
Kittens page: Bluebell - you put 'like' instead of 'likes'
Bambi - 'decideds' instead of 'decides'

Kitten info: 'maybe' instead of 'may be' (a long wait)
'the size (need comma here) the males are....'

About Us: 'having previously breed (change to bred) Birmans'

Our Selkirk Girl: you say she will be tested for chocolate and colourpoint, then at the bottom you say she carries chocolate and colourpoint. Don't need the 'she will be tested' bit.

Sorry if you think I am being picky - I like proof reading :blush:

#7 ·
I love the colours and typeface, and the kitten page is fantastic - the detailed descriptions are a great idea, to a potential owner it would show what a loving home they come from. I really like the FAQs page as well.

And also, Bluebell on the Kittens in their new homes link - GORGEOUS! :001_wub:

#10 ·
Really like the new design, I liked the other too though!

I can't help with proof reading - I get someone else to do that for me when I do websites lol

I love the amount of detail there is about everything including the kittens personalities colors etc.. :D

I do have a question though about the kittens (just because I'm interested) how come some kittens are for pet/ pet & show etc?

I think I've fallen in love with Thumper :001_tt1:

#11 ·
The girls are colour-points and for RagaMuffins colour-points can't be shown. You could pop them in pet peds or household pets but in those classes you don't say what breed your cat is. So I can only really say Thumper is a show RagaMuffin. Does that help?

#14 · (Edited)
Kitten Nursery - Kitten Information

4th Para - Please (has been indented by one space).

6/7Para *
As soon as a kitten is booked and a deposit of £100 is paid the kitten will then become*sold,*this deposit is non refundable unless for what ever reason I can not provide you with the kitten of your choice. The best time to view kittens is after 6 weeks old.*
(space between paragraph)
The cost of a RagaMuffin kitten will vary depending on the colour, but we follow the guidelines of the UKRMCS.

8th Para - line 2 - comma between have and whether.

FAQ's. There is an extra line space between item 11 & 12

I would also standardise the fonts, there seems to be different fonts on different pages (apologies if I am getting too picky) :)

#19 ·
Looks really good :thumbup:

The only suggestion I have is that if there's room, to put a date or a 'last updated on...' where you say you have kittens available, because in the past I have been on many breeder's websites(not for cats though, so I guess it could be different) where they have said they have animals available and ready for a new home, and when I've contacted them, they don't have any available - they've just not updated their site in ages, so I tend to disregard it if it doesn't say its been updated recently. As I said though, it has always been breeders for things like guinea pigs so it may be different with cats :)

#20 ·
Looks really good :thumbup:

The only suggestion I have is that if there's room, to put a date or a 'last updated on...' where you say you have kittens available, because in the past I have been on many breeder's websites(not for cats though, so I guess it could be different) where they have said they have animals available and ready for a new home, and when I've contacted them, they don't have any available - they've just not updated their site in ages, so I tend to disregard it if it doesn't say its been updated recently. As I said though, it has always been breeders for things like guinea pigs so it may be different with cats :)
DOne :D

I love the new site, well done.

The news announcement says kitten rather than kittens.
DOne :D

#21 · (Edited)
The slidshow of kitten pics on the home page is lovely, should encourage people to explore a bit further. I would also make where it says '3 RagaMuffing Kittens availble', to the right of it, a link.

The green on the button is rather bright on my screen!

PS your show news talks about Coda, but her pet name isn't on her 'Ragamuffin Girl' page.

#22 ·
The slidshow of kitten pics on the home page is lovely, should encourage people to explore a bit further. I would also make where it says '3 RagaMuffing Kittens availble', to the right of it, a link.

The green on the button is rather bright on my screen!

PS your show news talks about Coda, but her pet name isn't on her 'Ragamuffin Girl' page.
DOne :D :D

#24 ·
Being ultra picky ;-) Bomber is Bombalurina I *think*!

Love the new site though - it's great!!
Oooops - certificate is finally at GCCF so couldn't check it! ANd thank you. Not my personal bag but if others like it that's what matters.

#25 ·
the click for kittens button isn't working for me although the click here to see available kittens button is fine .... Maybe double check the link!

I also think it is now working much better than the older site, some people have a really short attention span and if they can't immediately see what they are looking for they move on... Yours is now looking great!

#26 ·
the click for kittens button isn't working for me although the click here to see available kittens button is fine .... Maybe double check the link!
lol - I set up the button, changed the text, changed the colour and then forgot to put on the link! Doh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.