Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

New UK programme looking for dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Izzywilliams1992, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Izzywilliams1992

Izzywilliams1992 PetForums Newbie

Hi all!
    I hope you're well. I am working on a new major broadcaster programme and am looking for dogs with any behavioural/ training problems you might like help with. It could be anything from a fussy eater to a dog with aggression problems. Do you have a dog that you'd like expert help with? It would be great to hear from you!
    Izzy

Attached Files:

2. Biffo

Biffo PetForums Senior

Hello Izzy,

Who would the behaviourist in charge of the training be?

How much after care and support would be available or offered to participants?

Would I be right in assuming that the training would be free? I would jump at the chance of working with an expert for free (as I'm sure a lot of others would)!

kimthecat likes this.
  3. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

And what are their methods and philosophy?

Forgive me for being cynical but resolving problem behaviours properly is a slow, slow process; involving observing the dog, analysing the cause of the behaviour and very gradually working towards a solution. The hours of, for example, completely ignoring the dog to build trust don't exactly make good tv. We have had invitations like this in the past only to be horrified later at the so-called trainer's methods when the programme airs so anyone who is interested in pursuing this, please research the trainer and their methods carefully before committing.

Burrowzig, Sairy, Torin. and 5 others like this.
  4. Izzywilliams1992

Hi Biffo! Do you have an email address I can get from you so I can explain more?

5. AlexPed2393

AlexPed2393 PetForums Senior

As this is a forum people generally want this information to be shown as in whos doing the training, methodology etc etc

Sairy, Torin., kimthecat and 2 others like this.
  6. Chatcat

Chatcat PetForums Member

The last 'UK leading dog expert' I spoke to told me how to get a down (I already had a 'down' but I listened) - put your foot on your dog's lead, slide the handle of the lead upwards, your foot remains on the floor and your dog's head slides down to the ground! - No really! and this was an EXPERT! You can imagine where this ended!

7. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I'd love to know who the expert is !

8. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Generally, the more reluctant the OP is to say who the trainer is, the longer the barge pole that I wouldn't touch them with becomes ...

9. Izzywilliams1992

I'm sorry the trainer hasn't yet been announced by the channel so I can't say at this time.

10. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

So without knowing who we might be allowing to work with our dogs, can you see why we might be so hesitant?

Sairy, Torin., O2.0 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Can you at least say what her or his training methods are?

Torin. and O2.0 like this.
  12. Biffo

Biffo PetForums Senior

I'm afraid as a new poster you cannot access the personal message function here. And I will not put my email address on a forum!

Izzy,
    I've asked three appropriate questions, and you have answered none of them. This is a forum full of dog owners, why would you not put the answers on here?
    Your response is peculiar!

There is zero chance I would let someone touch my dog, or even attempt to influence my dogs behaviour unless I have researched them, and the professional bodies they belong to.

13. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums Senior

#smellslikescam

danielled and Biffo like this.
  14. Biffo

Biffo PetForums Senior

Mmm hmm, getting a bit of an MLM pyramid scheme selling feel to it all.

15. Northpup

Northpup PetForums Member

Izzy if you are reading this and have any influence/ability to tell those in charge what public want, please please don’t employ and promote another “alpha” dominance trainer who’ll just show the general public exactly how to NOT train their dogs effectively.

16. Chatcat

Chatcat PetForums Member

I've googled Avalon and they are all the sort of programmes for entertainment value only, I wouldn't want to be on them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice