Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

New trick work

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks and Games' started by ZiggyB, Aug 5, 2017.

1. ZiggyB

ZiggyB PetForums Senior

Hi all,

Ziggy and I haven't been working on any tricks up until now, apart from 'give me five?", but that was something he did quite naturally, so very little work on my part!

My children recently have asked if we can teach ziggy how to 'stick um up' and 'bang!' during the hols, which is great to have something we can all work on, and it's starting off well.

I was just wondering what tricks have you taught your furry friends, what might be fun for us to try next and which books are the best out there? :)

2. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Look for books by Kyra Sundance or Mary Ray.

ZiggyB likes this.
  3. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Get a can out of the fridge, shut the door, high five, putting toys away the list is endless

4. ZiggyB

ZiggyB PetForums Senior

Ah thanks, will take a look on Amazon.

Hmm, I don't like the thought of him in my fridge... (where's a pig smiley when you need one!). Putting toys away sounds like a good challenge, as fetch is touch'n'go :Shamefullyembarrased

5. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Twirl is an easy one your kids might be able to teach on their own (very easy to teach with a lure), it's the 1st fun trick both of mine learnt as pups.
    some others:
    Roll over
    Paw and other paw
    Weave between legs
    Fetch a tissue/remote
    Touch (nose to pointer/hand)

Tidying up is a good one to teach. so putting things into a container. Jasper learnt to tidy his toys up first and then we changed it up to putting recycling in boxes, washing in the washing machine and finding bottles/rubbish on walks and putting into a bag. It's one of the best things i've taught him as it's easy to build upon.

6. Sharkomantis

Sharkomantis Banned

Taught my dog to look for the little puppers whenever my relatives come over with their babies.

7. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

iv taught archie to jump in and out his hoola hoop we play this in the garden in the summer he loves it ...we play hide and seek I hide a treat he sits and waits till I tell him to go and find.....sit and stay this was taught for road crossing so now he just sits at all roads with out me asking I always praise him every time we cross a road then he has his doggie tunnel again we do this in the summer so indoors we play weave he plays ball almost every day on the beach if we have no sand storms ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice