UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed recently that more and more people are starting to walk their dogs off lead, when walking near roads. It's almost becoming a 'status' thing that they can walk their dogs off lead! A couple over the road from me have a 6 month old labrador cross and have started walking him off lead all of the time from the moment they leave their house :eek: I just don't understand it. They seem to just be showing off, but to me they are just putting their dog at unnecessary risk :( Has anyone else noticed this in their area?

·
Super Moderator
29,629 Posts
It used to be commonplace years ago round here, then it became quite rare, it's now on the rise again, especially in the city centre.
They don't impress me, I think they're selfish. No matter how well behaved a dog, I would value my dogs' safety above trying to impress people with their offlead behaviour

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Loads of people with off lead dogs here... Around town... Down busy roads...
It really gets my goat... If your dog can walk nicely beside you then what's the issue with have a loose lead on the dog...?! Really don't understand...!
I think a lot of it is people's laziness...!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.