Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New to the forum and husky help

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Emma Halll, Jan 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emma Halll

Emma Halll PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum.
    I have a 22 month old husky Caesar, who’s generally a little poppet.

just wanted some advice.....

caesar was sick a couple of times on the night of 22nd dec, the next day he was lack lustre and not interested at all in food.

As we have had a previous bad experience over Christmas 2 years ago where we lost our 15 month old pup, I wasn't taking any chances and managed to get an appointment at the vet. most of his tests were fine and he just came back as dehydrated. the vet suggested we try to get food and water into him at home as he gets very stressed at the vets and we managed to do this via him drinking from my hands and he perked up a bit. he spent several days not really drinking from his bowl and would only drink from my hands. we tried various things to get him eating properly, but he's still been funny right over Christmas only eating 1 meal a day and that from grazing only, he's not been full on hungry.

His poo has been quite soft all the time, but thats standard with him, he often is, but the last few days its been quite runny, so we stayed off the kibble yesterday and only gave him scrambled egg and sweet potato which he ate with more interest that his kibble has given him for 2 weeks.

then he was a little bit sick again last night....

he's now back to not wanting to drink or eat, and again is getting stressed over me trying to get him to drink out of my hands or any other way of getting water into him. I've tried ice cubes which he will lick a little bit. for food I don't want to keep giving him just eggs.
    my last resort today is going to be heading out to get some live yoghut and boil up some chicken for the broth.

any other ideas? he's generally fine in himself, but obviously being sick gives him some sort of aversion to bowls.

I am at a loss what to do

2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice