Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

New to pet snakes.

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by AndrewPetch, Feb 9, 2019.

1. AndrewPetch

AndrewPetch PetForums Newbie

Evening all. I am new to keeping snakes. I have wanted to keep a Corn snake for a long time and now I have a lovely Corn snake hatching. She lives in a hatching set up and I have all the temperature maintained. I am interested to learn if other people keep records of there snakes as she came with a small record of feeding and sheds. I only ask as I measured her the other day and then wondered if others keep this type of record to monitor growth and health??

2. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

I normally keep a record of feeding and weight. I used to measure every now and then when they were growing but I put more importance on weight :)

3. AndrewPetch

AndrewPetch PetForums Newbie

Do they grow at steady rates or do they have growth spurts?

4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

They will continually grow until mature (even then they can still go a bit but slowly) but can have growth spurts - I found mine always had one when i moved up a food size!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice