Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New to Pet Forums...nedding urgent advice

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wellingtons mum, Jul 10, 2009.

1. wellingtons mum

wellingtons mum PetForums Newbie

Hi - I am new to the forum and apologies if this is the wrong area....I am needing some urgent advice....so, we have been looking for a cavalier king charles puppy for quite sometime now (have had our share of scammers etc) with no success, mainly becuse we do not have £600+ to spend on a puppy. We have now the option of rehoming an 8 month old male kc or a 12 month old female - we have two children aged 7 & 5 - the male pup has had no vaccinations etc. but is friendly aorund other dogs and kids (although the present owner has said her kids are older staring at 13) where as the 12 month old female had lived with small children and cats (we have an elderly old gent of 15). My biggest dliema is will either of these pups still be puppy like???? and able to grow with our kids - we are really looking for a fifth familY Member for a forever home - PLEASE PLEASE HELP, ANY ADVICE GREATLY RECEIVED....:) We have visited many dog sancuatries who have been unable to help us due to our kids being small....

2. reddyrufus

reddyrufus PetForums Member

Have you been to see them? 8 months is still very young for a dog, so is 12 months for that matter. I would go and visit the dogs with your children that way you will see how each dog takes to your children and vise versa.

12 months is not to old for your children to grow up with the dog, especially if the bitch has been used to children already, IMO.
    Go and have a look, whereabouts are you? I know of a couple in our local rescue at the minute, not sure on their full stats though.

3. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I would go see them yourself first see how they are and if you like them and then take the kids and see how they react to them. Otherwise you could end up with a very unsuitable dog because the children begged you for it.

4. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

5. spiffy

spiffy PetForums Junior

Welcome to the forum.

I also agree with other posters, you ought to go and see the puppies. 8 months is still young.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice