Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

new to forum meet Mishu. guess confirm breed?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Mishu9, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Mishu9

Mishu9 PetForums Newbie

hi
    ive had Mishu for over a year and iam still unsure about exact breed after looking into vet history (malamute mix. akita mix. greenland! lol after research. currently down as mutt! perfect love him anyway. so what breed is he Alsatian? always members of public seem certain in their guesses husky? akita inu. american? anyway heres Mishu. wp_ss_20190424_0002.png wp_ss_20190424_0003.png

Attached Files:

Grace Bob, margy and Picklelily like this.
  2. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

Beautiful dog with an equally beautiful name, welcome.

Mishu9 likes this.
  3. Mishu9

Mishu9 PetForums Newbie

thank you. he seems to know too!

Picklelily likes this.
  4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Beautiful!

Welcome to the forum!

5. Mishu9

Mishu9 PetForums Newbie

thank u love all dogs. but would like some general chit chat and advice from all.

6. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Such a pretty boy.

I'd guess Akita mix. I don't really see any German shepherd, more spitz type like husky, akita etc. But it doesn't matter, as you say, he's perfect whatever he is.

7. Mishu9

Mishu9 PetForums Newbie

he has a way of communicating and is gentle in most things, but it would give me a better understanding into his overall character very undog like? ive had to previous dogs and dog behaviour.
    keeps on fascinating me no less than the day i got him! like they always do.

8. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

he is gorgeous

9. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

I'd go with what Sarah H says, defo Akita in there more so than GSD - no matter he sure is a beauty, whats he like to train with?
    Sorry mention to say Welcome too

10. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

OMG what a gorgeous boy you have you must be very proud:)

11. Mishu9

Mishu9 PetForums Newbie

would like to join thread in terms of my dog and his wonderfully weird behaviour. or wonderfully annoying?

this Mishu hes coming to 4 years.
    i ve had him for over a year and in that time i have gotten brave/foolish enough to let him off leas in secure locations only but where other member of the public and dogs off and off leash are about.
    i have never seen Misho become aggressive towards any dog how ever large or small. he is gets very gentle in his approach when he senses hesitation from dog or owner. and he Senses it perfectly intuitively he will approach the owner lick thier hand say hello look at thier dog with their permission and greet dog lick face smell butt and nice to meet you and leaves? it looks very endearing and people leave most of the time with big smiles on their face. but. sometimes its becomes akward and i seem to apologise most of the time. however Mishu! does not seem to understand and likes to meet and greet mostly everyone in near proximity.
    and for me to stop this from happening means to have him leashed to which he makes these soul destryoing innocent eyes like hes done somethin wrong. and he hasn't.
    how is he off leash?
    he seems free.
    doesn't stray too far tries to always be within so he can see me. tries to.
    has a recall which he decides... as to why iam calling him back. will come back and doesnt wonder off when iam stationary. he suprisingly stays quite close like, next to me.
    and when he comes by an agressive dog he stays pretty clear. thats not him. when he comes by a dominant dog? he doesnt like it and shows dominance back. erhhm. recently tried to humb back. humped actually. a dominant other on the face front. very rarely he does this.
    and small sausage dog bit him recently quite badly was holdin on! and he just looked at me.
    and kind of kicked him away.
    training he does very well in, with food. once he is full then its mostly why should i? Look and its my choice. Ok Human Friend.
    Anyway so advice welcome.
    as to what is the Best solution. the place hes let off leash is kind of remote and forest park lakes which he loves.
    Please advice as it most definelty feel self aware
    # because of Mishu's two hour walks a day of complete freedom and mine also. #
    How It might affect or look like for other pet owners of dog owners, kids? at the Time of encounter..

12. Dogwood1

Dogwood1 May_the_dog be_with_you.

Hi Mishu. They wanna know who your Mama and Daddy were. Where did you get that uncurled tail, huh?

13. Dog Walker Woman

Dog Walker Woman PetForums Member

Beautiful dog !
    To me he looks like a white husky. They do not have the hooked tails and often carry straight down or in a slight c when exercising, just looked that up :)

14. Mishu9

Mishu9 PetForums Newbie

thanks he seems rather large for husky and tail goes all the up around when hes walking. but could be husky in there

15. margy

margy PetForums VIP

I thought he looks like my brothers dog who is a husky. I asked him to send me a photo of his dog, here is Blue she is very similar to Mishu IMG_20170731_092403376_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20180720_095844436.jpg

lullabydream likes this.
  16. margy

margy PetForums VIP

Sorry my brothers just told me she is a cross Husky and Samoid

17. Mishu9

Mishu9 PetForums Newbie

shes a beauty, iam guessing its where the white coat on mine comes from. how is her personality temprament with others? to see any similarities.

18. margy

margy PetForums VIP

She gets along very well with other dogs, my brother walks with a group of dog walkers and theres never been any problems. He lets her of lead and she comes when he calls he just has to be wary as she is a scavenger and eats all sorts while out. I,ve never heard her bark she is very quiet and like a ghost in the house gliding gracefully around.I know she pulls sometimes as she in fact pulled him over in the winter when it was icy. Obviously because she,s not mine I can only tell you how she is when I visit.

Mishu9 likes this.
  19. Mishu9

Mishu9 PetForums Newbie

its good to know. sounds quite similar in what you mentioned

margy likes this.
  20. Mishu9

Mishu9 PetForums Newbie

he huffs and puffs like a drama queen when i ignore his demands

margy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice