Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

new to everything!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by thompsonk, Jul 4, 2009.

1. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

does anyone know how much on average the cost of a cat pregnancy and kitten vaccinations etc? im new and think my cat may be pregnant x

2. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

The pregnancy isn't expensive, they eat a little bit more, that's all. they eat a lot more when they are feeding kittens and then the kittens need solid food which they start on at 4-5 weeks usually but they don't eat much at that stage. Right now my litter of five eight week olds are getting through more than two but less than three 200g tins of kitten food a day between them (they might be eating a few dry kibbles as well but certainly very little of that)

For vaccinations it depends a lot on where you are and what vaccinations you have. I have Pentofel which covers everything including FeLV and Chlamydia, and that works out at about £55 per kitten for the course.

Liz

3. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

It depends how long you keep the kittens, they start to get more expensive as they get to around 7-8 weeks. Our injections work out around £58 but that's with a microchip.

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

the birthing kit & getting everything in costs quite a fair bit, see the stick post above!

Mum was eating £5+ a day in her last litter....thats alot of food!! we went through bag of litter aday to!

vacs are a bit cheaper at £45 here

reg'ing them, prefix name etc :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice