Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Service for Dog Breeders

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Sarah_White, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Sarah_White

Sarah_White PetForums Newbie

Hi All,

Have any of you came across a company called Tailwise?

I found them on google the other day and was contemplating signing up but wanted to gauge reaction here first and whether anybody else has had experiences with them?

I like the fact they might be able to cut out a bunch of the tyre kickers that call me.

Any thoughts?

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

The editor of Dogs Today magazine has recently become involved with them & she has high hopes they will be a success but I don't know if the concept will take off.

Most of the good breeders I know prefer to vet potential custodians for their carefully reared puppies themselves, rather than through middlemen, & accept that 'tyre kickers', (odd phrase considering you're talking about living beings here), part & parcel of the process of doing this.

Calvine, Burrowzig, adamantis and 2 others like this.
  3. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I'm afraid I would never have trusted a 'Middle Man' to vet new owners for my pups.

Burrowzig and lorilu like this.
  4. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

From what I've seen of this it is just yet another place for crossbreeders to congregate...As @simplysardonic said the journalist that does Dogs today is involved and promoting it hard...I've yet to see a convincing solution to actually policing it all.
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I find Beverly comes across as yet another journalist that feeds into the fearmongering around pet thefts and has jumped on the breeding band wagon :Bag

adamantis and lorilu like this.
  5. robertandrews

robertandrews PetForums Newbie

I know a few breeder friends who have used Tailwise and they are very happy with it. They don't approve or reject potential buyers for you, but they weed out the insincere people looking for "fur babies" for their instagram accounts. Breeders still make the decision on where their puppies go. They seem to have pretty good trust pilot reviews from breeders

6. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

How do they 'weed them out'? I 'weed out' buyers for my registered pedigree kittens by having them visit my stud boy and seeing how he reacts to them (they get a cat-scan), and also by neutering them before they leave me. I've had the phone put down on me by a couple of would-be buyers when I reminded them of that.

7. Onegin

Onegin PetForums Newbie

As the person above me said - how though? I have experienced many times that people can be very convincing if they choose to lie, as long as they know the answers one is supposed to give. And that sincere would-be first time owners can give some of the 'wrong' answers despite turning out to be excellent, loving owners. It's not as simple as vetting people with a checklist.

simplysardonic and OrientalSlave like this.
  8. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

What is your connection to this company? Funny how a number of new members mentioning the same product. Not a product for good breeders

adamantis and Raleigh like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice