Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

New Rules to Prevent Arguments on the Forum

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by tashi, Jun 13, 2011.

1. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Well, it would keep everything lively. It gets SOOOOOO boring around here... :D :D :D :D :D

2. Like the star rating button I actually think that the reprepbutton should be removed also! There are some real sad folk who will rep rep a post just because they do not agree with the poster, have no valid arguement to put forward or just to insult folks!

I can honestly say I have NEVER given rep rep first! Have I gave it bad whenI have recieved it!! normally NO - and there are some good members who would perhaps confirm that as when the #mistakenly' :eek:gave me red I did not r eturn it!
    BUT! there are a couple I will return it too!:D

3. Fluffed

Fluffed PetForums Senior

Yea, I've had all three in one repping ;) :D

koekemakranka likes this.
  4. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

I have never given red rep to anyone. I just don't see the point. It just seems sneaky to me.
    If I don't agree with someone I either ignore their comments, or I tell them on the thread. What's the point moaning at them in private?

Still, each to their own hey? This forum would be a very boring place if we all agreed all of the time. :)

5. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

Never mind, I FINALLY figured out how to give rep (I was clicking on the green thingies, but nothing happened, I finally figured out the scales everyone was talking about were... a set of scales :eek:). Anyway, I have given you belated rep for your sensible, practical advice in the past.

Fluffed likes this.
  6. holly2009

holly2009 Guest

Someones set up an account just to give me bad rep LOL :D :hand:

Not posted on any other threads nothing....but bad rep for little moi!

Set up yesterday especially for me I do feel honoured :D :w00t: :D

They shouldn't log out one account & straight into another as it's very easy to work it out....especially on the cat forum :w00t:

7. New members cant give out good or bad rep. They give out blue/purple rep. They cant give good or bad rep until they have so many posts ect.

8. holly2009

holly2009 Guest

Very true but what they have typed is bad rep ;)

Ps) I think they've done it as I have them on ignore ;) :hand:

9. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Me too, never gonna please everyone if we speak our minds and have strong opinions eh :D

10. astraldream

astraldream PetForums Member

Can someone explain this rep thing please?

I have a green dot, does this represent the amount of posts i have wrote or is it when someone clicks on that like button?

11. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

12. Fluffed

Fluffed PetForums Senior

Wow! That's a really nice thing to do. Thanks so much! :cool:

13. Nah but ain't it fun beating em into submission!
    And lets behonest when there isagood old public flogging taking place the 'said' thread is real lively!:eek:

14. kerfuffle

kerfuffle PetForums Senior

Wow, I've been here for 7 months and today I finally find out how you can check if someone's left you rep. :lol: I knew how to leave rep for people but the forum only notifies you at the top of the forum if someone "liked" your post, not if someone "repped" you. I always assumed it would notify you just the same (and I assumed I was just invisible since I never got any in 7 months, haha)!

Sorry to everyone who had left me good or bad rep in the past - I wasn't ignoring ya. I've never left red rep either. If I don't like the post, I don't read or if I disagree with the post, I reply. Simples.

Now I wonder if the green dot(s) signifies post-counts or rep (I assumed post count, but my assumptions are fairly faulty as of late!).

15. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Nope they relate the amount of rep you get. And are you telling me you never saw all the accolades I gave you on rep??????? :eek: :001_tongue:

16. kerfuffle

kerfuffle PetForums Senior

Nope, sorry hobbs. *shamefaced* I can see the last three you left that's still on the screen though! I can be quite slow sometimes. But thanks for all the reps! :D

17. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

lol add me to the list of people that didnt know she had ever recieved rep

ukdave likes this.
  18. fogy

fogy PetForums Member

It makes me so mad the thought that people want to start arguments why can't they just be normal and if they want to pick a fight maybe their on the wrong forum!!

19. retepwaker

retepwaker PetForums Member

good on y keep it up iv never been one for watching fighting or arguments my remedy would be to walk away as for silly petty arguments you ban them outright and you have my blessing

20. pouncing

pouncing PetForums Junior

'Please note that these rules have been created to stop the petty arguments that have been hapenning on the forum which get out of control and put our visitors off joining this forum.'

Im pretty sure thats the opposite of whats true. Expressing a strong view, especially a contrary one is much more of a reason to join, than to say, 'thats cute'

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice